Thursday, January 15, 2015

So I'm just going to jump right in

Hello all. Happy 2015. Shit, I think I haven't posted in like 6 months or... 9. Whatever. I've been busy, what can I say. When you have two kids the time seems to move at light speed.

Well, two things to start off. I'm still Crossfitting after 4 years and I'm still cooking and trying new recipes. I'll admit the recipes are not 100% paleo but there is a definite influence there. I'm more about gluten free and just good clean tasting food. I'm proud to say 99% of it is clean, ie., no hard sugars, no wheat, no fried or junk ingredients. And yes, I'm still gluten free after 3 years. It's really not even a choice anymore, nor is it something I even think about. I'm smart enough to know by now what to eat and what not to eat. With that being said, I have a ton of new recipes, some my own, some from paleo cookbooks that you may or may not have tried. I'll get to posting them soon.

Sigh. As far as the crossfitting... well, yes, I'm still a crossfitter. That won't change. I have however cut back significantly on my weight training. It seems as though I'm not recovering as well as I used to. Not sure what changed or dare I use age as an excuse, but it's the truth. But hey, I'm 43 and I can still put up a 3rm squat clean at 85. I don't go all out doing the hero or lady wods anymore. And you know what, I'm sure that seems like a shite comment but hey, I'm not working towards the games or competitions. I just want to stay fit and do something I really love. And honestly after all these years I still love it.... even if it's about 2-3 days a week. I still love wrapping my hands around the bar and pushing myself. I just don't do it 6 days a week. Kudos to you that do. Like my husband who still gets out there at 6:30 am 5 days a week and works until he's sweating in a 20 degree garage. Ok, we did get new garage doors so maybe its like 35.


Anyway, my kids should be home in a few, hence, my me time is coming to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment