Thursday, September 29, 2011

Knee high socks

Day 2 of my blog experiment has begun. Today is one of my favorite WODs the deadlift. Some days I just love to lift heavy stuff. Do I sound like a muscle head from the Y, probably. Although I am a little cuter than them. And, I don't kiss my biceps in the mirror, at least not in front of others.


Speaking of spectacle, I also love deadlift days because I get to show off my crazy knee high socks with short shorts when I do my 400m warmup run down the street. I'm pretty sure my neighbors are used to it by now but I still get some strange looks from passers by. Before you say anything, watch the demo and you'll see why they are a staple. The deadlift http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjBI9qxibTc  is a movement in which you bring the barbell from the ground to your thigh as close to the body as possible. And with good form, bruised and scraped shins are a result. 


Not much else to share this morning other than the kids are making me crazy and I need to get them out of the house. Oh and I'm going to work in a recipe here and there if I have time. Tonight will be sauteed shrimp, chicken/red pepper sausage and collard greens. 


Food tip today: GO LOCAL. By some apples or pumpkins from a farm or farmers market. Everyone has access to one I don't care where you live. Do it and help out the farmers that actually grow our food and not the big corporate stores who overcharge for it.


Breakfast: oatmeal w/peanut butter, walnuts, bananas, cinnamon. 


WOD
Deadlift 
3-3-3-3-3
155-165-185-195-200lbs


Warmup:
400m
air squats
3x95# deadlift
1x115, 135# deadlift


New PR (personal record) for me lifting 200 pounds 3 times. And a heartfelt thank you to Hannah for letting me borrow her navy blue soccer socks. 


Have a great day!


*Remember, this is a work in progress for me. Each day I'll try to improve to make this a useful site.







No comments:

Post a Comment