Thursday, November 17, 2011

GTO

There's something to be said about the GTO. No not the car, although they are pretty cool. The ground to overhead movement. In theory you think hmmm, I can do whatever I want as long as it comes off the ground and goes over my head. Piece of cake. Until the cake starts to crumble and you end up with... well, crumbs. My gtos weren't bad although some of them were squat clean push jerks, or deadlift hang clean shoulder press... you get the picture. I'll be the first to admit I'm a dumbbell dumbo. I just don't practice enough with them and get annoyed when two 20# dumbbells seem harder to lift over my head than doing 55# overhead squats. What is the deal there? My main theory, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that one arm is not as strong as two arms. Genius.

I am improving though. I can now safely do 20# without hurting myself. Well, not too much anyway. Todays workout wasn't too bad and I say that after having done burpees and 200m runs. They used to be two of my worst enemies. But now, eh, I can honestly say I would rather do them than thrusters and double unders. Thrusters are the devil and double unders the pitch fork.

Still pretty busy with the exception of right now of course. I decided to chill for a bit and get my turkey day menu in order. With a week away you say? Yes, control freak remember. I did check out some paleo recipes but wasn't thrilled by any of them so far. Definitely sticking with the favs but tweaking them a bit. If there is any one day of the year I will eat bread and white potatoes it will be my stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy. It's one day, why suffer. I'll save that for my 40th birthday wod the next day. Oh and I won't be doing 150 wall balls thats for sure.

Wednesday
warmup:
10 good mornings
10 squats
tuck jumps
20 mountain climbers
stretching/mobility

WOD
Pack
21-15-9 reps for time of:
Sit up Wall ball, 6-8 pound ball - 12#
Wallball “2-fer-1s”, 14 pound ball - regular
Women - 6/10 pound ball
4:26

Thursday
warmup:
10 good mornings
10 broomstick ohs
10 box jumps
stretching

CFSB2 w2/d4
Shoulder Press
warmup: 5x35, 40, 50#
work: 3x60, 65, 75#(3)
last set max reps

WOD
3x
10 burpees
200m
10 dumbbell GTO 20#
11:15

Recon Ron Pull ups
Step 7/8: 4-4-2-2-2

*Notes - easy wod on wednesday. Short on time so it was perfect. Use the 20# ball next time. SPs were ok today. Just couldn't get that 4th @75 up. Still an improvement. Think last 3rm was like 70. Shortened Bob's wod for time today. Still a good one. Pull ups felt ok. Delt is fine but lost some strength over the past week of not doing them. 

Tip - Need gloves to work out in your home garage in the winter? I grabbed mechanics gloves, $4.99 @Home Depot (for the race) used them today and they are awesome. Thin, rubber grip, mesh top. Not the warmest but good for days when the bar is really cold and your grip is poor. 



No comments:

Post a Comment