Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Oh and another thing...

I was so wrapped up in describing the obstacles on yesterdays post I forgot to mention the best part. My teammates. We had 13 great competitors with Bob and I on Sunday. There were plenty of laughs, cheers and encouragement. Everyone was supportive and always willing to lend a hand....even other fellow mudders. I can't tell you how many times strangers were yelling support and helping me get over or thru an obstacle. Thats what made it fun. We were all in the same boat, all tired, cold, wet and sometimes hurting but we all stuck together. The event itself was pretty well coordinated as well. There were plenty of water and food stops. They had bananas, protein shots and bars... the volunteers would cheer you on. It was quite the positive athletic atmosphere. Hopefully our teammate will send us some of the pictures his brother took from the sidelines. They should be awesome and I can't wait to share them.


I have to say, any of you that can do a 3 minute Fran rx'd, that right there is more pain in 3 minutes than any 10 obstacles I faced on Sunday. Yeah, believe it. But don't let that fool you into thinking the Mudder wasn't that bad because it was certainly hard, but for a strong CrossFitter, it was at times just a nice day in the park. Sure, I can say that now.


On to today. I couldn't bare the thought of heavy deadlifts since my shins and knees are still pretty bruised so I skipped them and did back squats and thrusters. My book has come to a complete hault. Haven't touched it since last Friday. 10000 and counting. Hopefully I can get some time this week to work on it. Odds are it's probably not going to happen since my parents will be here this weekend and I still have some things to get done. And I'm still trying to get the mud out of our shoes. 3 soakings so far and still dirty and sandy. Speaking of shoes, I've never been a Reebok fan. Haven't owned a pair in 20 years but I picked these up for the race and they were awesome. They are not flat but not thick soled like regular running sneakers either. I was really happy with them. No blisters, no toenail issues, they drain well, and as far as grip on the mud trails, they were pretty awesome. Happy with my choice.

Tuesday
warmup:
stretching/mobility
5 burpees
10 squats
20 ball slams
10 good mornings

CFSB2 w2/d3
Back Squats
warmup: 5x65, 80, 95#
work: 3x110, 125, 140(6)
last set max reps

WOD
Thrusters
1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps
45-65-75-85-90-95-95#

Compare to 101020:
60-65-65-70-75-85(f)-85#
*Notes - felt strong today even with no breakfast. Lack of motivation, strength last week or so may be due to pms. Have to check next month to see the pattern. Thought I could pull out 100 on the 1 rep thruster but not today. Rep 6@95 was weak so just stayed with it for the 7th. Was more like a squat then a push press. Left delt felt like I strained it on the first 4 pull ups. May have tweaked it on sunday and not realized it. Bugger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment