Monday, November 7, 2011

Wonder Twin powers activate

So it looks like my nickname may be 'wonder twin' according to my Mudder team leader. Bob being the other twin of course. Got up at 4:15am yesterday (thanks god for the extra hour) to go to the last Mudder training run at Valley Forge Park before the race this weekend. When I arrived, after I introduced myself to the other mudders I haven't met before, our team is 20 strong, I got a 'I heard you rocked' response. Then I was referred to as Bob's wife 'the other half of the wonder twins'. Thought that was nice of them although I don't like to be automatically pinned as someone who is going to smash the mudder course because it's more than likely going to smash me. I will say this, for the second time I beat most of my team mates on the course. No it's not about that, but it makes me feel better. I'm a glass half empty girl, I just assumed the women that had done this before would kick my butt. I always thrived on competition, maybe thats why I picked up on CrossFit so well. I like the challenge. There are a few men on my CF forum that I used as a standard to come close too. Unfortunately there really aren't enough women that post often enough to compare myself too.

The run went well yesterday. It was a bit cold at 6am but what can you do. I skipped the belly crawl thru the water this time. There were 2 other opportunities so I opted to hold out getting wet as long as I could. When we got to the last water crossing which should be about waist high for me.... I say should because I slipped on a slimy rock and the left half of my body was submerged up to my shoulder. Yikes. It was effin cold. After a few choice curse words I pulled myself out to the sound of laughter from my fellow mudders. Nice. After that it took me quite a while to get warm. Luckily the last part of the run was in the sun. There was a photographer there at the waterfall where some of the guys went in. He took a few pictures of them and a group shot of us which was cool. I have his site and will post it when he puts the photos up. He thought we were nuts but hey, you have to be to do the Mudder right?

I think this week I'll take it easy. Taking an unscheduled rest day today after the 6.5 mile run yesterday and the heavy deadlifts on Saturday. The legs are shot. Today would have been heavy back squats, thats not going to happen. I also have a ton of stuff to do. Too much on my plate as usual. My parents are coming up from Florida in 2 weeks for turkey day which means cleaning out the guest room, hanging the blinds in the family room, doing some yard work, stressing out about the race and I'm writing this 'book'. I'll use the word loosely since like I've said, I'm not a writer. Anyone who reads this blog would probably agree. My thoughts are all over the place most of the time. Oh and taking care of the normal daily stuff around the house and my kids too.

Saturday
*bacon and eggs w/kale. Filet w/sweet pots, sauteed collards
warmup:
jump rope ladder (increments of 5, mess up start over) - up to 40
stretching/mobility
10x25# plate squats

CFSB2 w1/d1
Deadlifts
warmup: 5x80, 100, 120#
work: 5x130, 150, 170#(6)
last set max reps

w1/d2
Bench Press
warmup: 5x30, 40, 45#
work: 5x50, 60, 65#(10)
last set max reps

Recon Ron Pull ups
Step 7/2: 4-4-2-2-2

WOD
3 rounds
10 wall ball - 12#
10 push jerk - 55#
10 bar facing burpees
6:40

Sunday
6.5 mile training run
*Oatmeal w/pb, nuts, flax, shredded coconut. Good fuel for the run. Post run: gatorade, cereal bar, eggs w/turkey, collards, cheese. Dinner: boboli pizza w/peppers, onions and chicken sausage. (treat)

Monday
Recon Ron Pull ups
Step 7/3: 4-4-2-2-2







No comments:

Post a Comment