Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas cage shopping

Normally at this point in the year I would say next to the words squat clean thruster, christmas shopping would rank right up there on the top of the list as words that make me ill. But this year I've actually had success with my shopping. As a matter of fact, I'm 60% done. Unheard of for me. Yeah, I know, only 60% but for a procrastinator like me, it's awesome for the 4th of December. Bob and I only buy a few small things for each other and since he wants another tattoo, I really don't have to do much at all. We are probably buying a used cage from my friends at South Mountain Crossfit so that will be part of our Christmas gift too. With some creative use of hooks and various donations of old baby bikes and strollers, I may have just enough space for it. We are building quite the little garage gym. All we need is a rower and pretty soon I'll have no excuses, except of course my own lack of will, to sub anything anymore.

Anyway, back squats were on the menu for me today. Not too bad on the weights 135-170, but they felt super heavy for some reason. Hate that. Then another round of kettlebell swings. More kettlebell swings, almost 100 today. They were supposed to be heavy for the ladies', 50 pounds but I can't swing the dumbbell with two 25# plates on it between my legs. I've tried. Not pretty. And honestly, I don't think I could do 50-60 of them anyway. The other part of the wod was ring dips. After the first round my shoulder just couldn't take it so I had to move to the box and prop the feet up. Arm killer thats for sure.

Got my 21-15-9 bumper sticker yesterday. Thanks! Although unfortunately, and I didn't know this at the time... obviously, my front and back bumpers and back lift door are not metal. Darn you Nissan and your innovative plastic/rubber/vinyl bumper design. So I'm going to trim the sides of the magnet down a tiny bit and stick it to my gas tank door. That will work.

Found a new brussels sprout recipe from The Pioneer Woman. It was fantastic. Granted she's not paleo or primal but we've used two of her 'cleaner' recipes and they have been awesome. Note: I did NOT add sugar to the balsamic reduction. If you add the cranberries in the vinegar and let them cook down you'll release the sugars in the cranberries to make up for it.

Oh and finally after a year of posting about brussels sprouts, if you haven't noticed I spell it different almost every time. Little did I know it's actually spelled brusselS sprouts. Hmmm. No wonder the spell check thingy always turned red. Learn something new every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment