Thursday, December 13, 2012

The dreaded sinus infection

So it's day 7 of the sickness. I finally went to the doctors yesterday to get some meds so things are looking up. Today is the first day I actually feel like I could possibly think about doing a wod, but I won't. Why? Because today is day 2 of my weird out of the blue allergic reaction. I'm a mess. Yesterday I woke up itchy then noticed my hands and feet started to swell. Great. What the hell am I allergic to? The only thing that was different was the Mucinex I took the night before. Ok. I've taken it before with no issues so..... I don't know. Luckily I was going to the docs in a few hours anyway. When I told him he said 'huh, well I wouldn't take that again'. Right. Thanks for that by the way. So last night I did not take it and I woke up with hives and my feet are itchy and swollen again. WTF! The only conclusion I can make is that I've been sleeping in the spare room (quarantine) for the past 2 nights  which were in the dryer with a dryer sheet. No, I'm normally not allergic to dryer sheets, Bob is so I'm very careful to separate our clothes, and I have been using them on my own clothes for months. Maybe sleeping on the sheets is too much? Who the hell knows but there is no other explanation. No new foods, no meds, no new lotions... I'm outta ideas. Hopefully tonight I'll be able to sleep in my own bed so we'll see what happens tomorrow morning. All I can say is itchy feet suck and the only relief would be to take Benadryl, which I can't take if I want to function at all. My body is already messed up with all the drugs I've been taking the past week I just can't take anymore. So, one more day and I should be able to get back out into the freezing garage for a nice beating.

Ok, enough whining. On a happy note I'm almost done Christmas shopping. I even got my parents stuff in the mail before the big pay extra for fast shipping rush. Yay me. We got our Christmas cards ordered and they should be here any day now. Every year for the past... 5 years or so, we do a funny card. No practiced dressed up poses in front of the tree (at least not without some smart ass saying), no family dressed in white and khaki beach pictures. Ut uh. Last year was a rock band theme with tongues out and fingers in the classic rock position and a QRC code to watch a video of us playing Billy Squire's classic 'Christmas is the time to say I love you'. Two years ago it was the kids in ohs position holding Bob and I up on a piece of wood. With Bob's design talent and a little Photoshop, it was awesome. Although we picked the coldest day of the year to do it outside so there were a lot of tears involved. I think one of my favorites was our first. Bud was about 2 months old, the Diva was 2. Needless to say our lives were a little nuts so the picture was of just a normal day in the household. The Diva in her SpongeBob pajamas with dress shoes, Bob with a coffee stained undershirt, me in sweats and slippers, Bud crying on my lap and laundry on the floor. Yep, typical day. This year I won't reveal it yet, at least until they are mailed out, but lets just say it's a Merry Christmas wish in 'person' and the kids were great. No complaints, no crying, no cursing, no technical difficulties. It was almost too easy. Maybe I should keep my mouth shut until the cards are actually printed and in my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment