Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Crossfit

And just like that, it's over. Every year I say the same thing. All the planning and general busyness, over. We did have a great Christmas in the Chase house so it was all worth it. I got some new NB minimus sneakers, a Rogue rope and an Outlaw Way shirt. Bob got his bacon socks, exercise clothes and a new watch. And oh I forgot. We found an old Air dyne on the curb last weekend while driving around looking at Christmas lights. It's not a 'real' one, like those big ugly metal ones, but same idea. It's old and ugly and has probably been sitting in someone's basement for 15 years but it works and it was free. Yippee! This was the first time I ever trash picked. Seriously though, what Crossfitter would pass up free equipment? We're also getting our cage today. Where I'm going to fit all this shit, who knows. But again, for cheap or free equipment, we'll make room. All we need now is a rower and we'll have ourselves a fully equipped garage box. Now if I can get some of my mom friends (who think Zumba and walking around the neighborhood are exercise enough) to experience some pain with me. Yeah, they all think I'm crazy. My neighbor across the street introduces me as 'the one that drags the big tire down the street'. Ha! She's just jealous.

Overall Bob and I didn't eat too bad. No gluten for me with the exception of one small bite of cornbread. I LOVE cornbread so I couldn't resist. Besides, it had jalepenos in it so I had to taste it to see how spicy it was before my daughter would eat it. Yeah, that sounds good. I did have way too much sugar though. No, I didn't overdo it and in comparison to what most people eat... and what I used to eat, it was really nothing but the little I did have really affected me, along with all the dairy. Heavy cream in this, little cheese in that... ugh. I need a serious detox after this week.

Workouts have been tough to manage. I did get to do Outlaw's 12 Days of Christmas. Wow. That may have been the suckiest wod I've ever done. I'm sure it didn't help that I had so many days off, my diet hasn't been the best and sleep has been anything but restful, but I got thru it and I'll be happy to never see it come up again. It really sucks to be so outta whack. I'm a control freak. I'm organized 90% of the time and I need structure. The holidays and the sinus infection really fucked me up. I hate to be fucked up. But, I'm getting back into routine, one day at a time. I did get a few other wods in. Some clean and jerks a few days ago and yesterday was burpee day, and dare I say I enjoyed beating myself up.

Today has been 'getting my house back in order' day. Cleaning and making room for new stuff and playing Angry Birds with my little guy. He now has about 5 sets so we can make massive structures with all the pieces. Fun stuff. My daughter has been wanting to play Life all the time now. Could that game be any more complicated? Shit. I play life everyday! I'm hoping I can get a little workout done at some point today. Ride the bike or practice with my new rope at the very least. The rope spins really well but it's about twice the thickness of my old wire rope so it's like I have to start all over again. Not that I was great to begin with but now I'm back to 1, 1, 2, 1 slap. Well, out to the garage to make room for the cage. Hey, that will be a workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment