Thursday, December 20, 2012

So what if I can't sit down, walk or stand

without moaning and groaning. That's normal right? I guess normal for someone who like me has been sick and did their first wod in 8 days yesterday. Oh and it included 30 bodyweight back squats. Eh, it's all good. The twisted side of me likes it. Well, not when I have to lean on the wall for support before I sit down on the pot, but the fact that I got a wod in even if I couldn't muster the energy or lung capacity required to actually finish it. (which by the way is only the 4th or 5th time in over 2 years I've done so) Hey, I got my strength done, I'm happy. I am getting a little better each day thankfully. My diet has been pretty good this week with the salmon, pork tenderloin, crock pot pork ribs and veggies. No handfuls of Captain Crunch or 'just a few' potato chips or "I'll just try one milk chocolate peanut covered treat". The neighbor made them, it was the polite thing to do right? And it's amazing how much better I'm feeling just because of the diet. Over indulgence of sugar gave me constant headaches and just an overall feeling of bloated lazy yuck.

At this point of the year I usually go thru the 'I can't wait until the holidays are over' kinda feeling because I'm usually overwhelmed with tasks and errands and last minute gift shopping. And I would be lying if I didn't say I at least partially feel that way again. But I am looking forward to the last few remaining days until Christmas this year. The kids are so excited and I can't wait until they open their gifts. I think I did a pretty good job this year. I didn't go crazy, but what I did get are things they have been asking for for months.

The weekend looks to be packed as usual starting tomorrow with Bud's Christmas play at school and party to follow. Shit, I have to bring cookies. Another task to be completed. Bob is going to try his hand at making Paleo Nick's chocolate cake. I'm going to make sugar or butter cookies with the kids for Santa. No, not real sugar cookies but they don't know the difference anymore. Then it's wrapping, tequila, wrapping, tequila and more wrapping tequila. What? I don't see anything wrong with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment