Friday, October 12, 2012

No thinking involved

Usually I go thru my workouts on auto pilot. Not much thinking involved other than keeping track of my reps and sets, which at times can be more confusing than it sounds. Don't lie. Everyone has missed a few here and there or done a few too many because they lost count. But during today's wod, all I could do was think. And thinking with a 150lbs on my back for 2 minutes isn't good. Depending on how you look at it, 2 minutes can seem either really short or really long. If there was any time I needed to zone out, it was today. No, I wasn't thinking things like, what am I going to have for dinner or I wonder if Grey's Anatomy was a re-run last night... it was more like, please god don't let me pinch a nerve or squash my vertebrae, I can't afford to be any shorter. But, after the first set, I found a dirt spot on the floor, stared it down and locked up until the timer went off. The high pulls and double unders were a little harder than I thought and I went light. My legs didn't like the transition between squats and jumping. Took longer than I thought I would so I was a little disappointed there, but eh, its done.

Has to put the heater on for the first time. Yeah, I'm a wimp. I'm always cold and the garage was like 50 degrees. I'm so not looking forward to the winter weather.

Weekend isn't looking too busy yet, some tree trimming, yardwork, possibly a trip to the farm with the kids and I've got to start working on my pumpkins. Every year I carve out 2 pumpkins for the kids. No, not triangle eyes and vampire teeth, more like artwork. I did Buzz Lightyear and Barbie one year. Another year it was Angry Birds and SpongeBob... they take me days to do but it's so relaxing. Well, I guess if you think skinning a pumpkin with an Exacto knife is relaxing. Hopefully I'll remember to post a pic this year.

Gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment