Thursday, October 4, 2012

Split jerk

After about mmmm, 5 weeks, I pr'd my split jerk again. Yippee! I think if I was really feelin' it today I could have gotten 125. And you know what I'm talking about. Some days you just don't feel it. I did manage 120 which is not far from bodyweight. Maybe next month I'll hit 130. I never imagined I would be able to throw 120lbs over my head but here I am. Good way to start out the day because the rest of my wod was an ass kicker. 125 jumping squats, 100 dumbbell push presses and 75 pull ups. Eh. I had to wuss out on the push presses. Rx'd was 35 each arm. Not happening today, settled for a measly 20lbs. And I also had to resort to the band for the pull ups. Yeah, I could have done them unassisted but I would still be out there and I don't think 40 minutes would be the ultimate goal time. Like I said, some days you just don't feel it.

Getting ready to celebrate Bob's birthday tomorrow. Not sure what's on the menu but I'm sure it will involve some sort of bacon wrapped goodness and an ice cream treat. Bacon ice cream? I'll have to do some research on that.

Mark Sisson will be on Rock Central tonight exposing the common man to the primal lifestyle. Wonder how that will go over with big wheat producers? I imagine there will be a lot of 'studies' in the news the next few weeks that either A too much meat/eggs will kill you or B gluten is beneficial to the body. Lord knows we don't want the public to know the truth. Ahh, enough of that before I get my panties in a bunch.

Shrimp and greens for dinner... maybe some nice ripe cherry tomato salad on the side. Sounds good.

No comments:

Post a Comment