Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Yeah, I'm here

Just like that another 4 days goes by. Bob's birthday dinner was fabulous. Bacon wrapped filet, seared brussel sprouts and mini tomato cucumber sandwiches. Which I'm proud to say I came up with myself. No, I'm no genius just throwing together cucumbers and tomatoes, but the presentation should count for something.


If you're going to do julienned cucs remember to salt and drain, rinse then press the excess water out. Otherwise they get too mushy.

Workouts have been ok the past few days. We went from heavy and slow to faster paced endurance with box jumps, 100m, cleans and t2b. Next on the list was a 1 mile run and pull ups but it's been 50 degrees and raining the past few days. I've run in the rain before and it's one thing if it's warm out, but running in the cold rain is a different animal so I skipped a day and moved on to clean and jerks and ME hspu's, front squats and pull ups. No fun I tell ya. No fun at all. My hspu's are weak, although I'm getting better at stringing them together. I actually did a mainsite wod on Sunday. I just wanted to do something quick and dirty and burpee pull ups fit the bill.

I have to say I like the summer, but I love this time of year. Not only for the nice weather, but all the fun fall activities. Including old scary movies that run thru Halloween. Bob and I love to torture the kids with 'hey kids look at this!' then the werewolf shows up and they freak out. I know, nice parenting. We watched The Howling last night. Love the 80's horror movies. What I thought was scary as a kid pales in comparison (with the exception of classics like The Shining, The Exorcist and The Omen) to some of the creepy movies that are out now. Insidious would be one. Shudder. If you haven't seen that, count your lucky stars. It is a total creep fest... well, for most of it. The ending is just dumb.

Anyway, off to eat my chicken sausage, fried eggs and cabbage. BEST lunch ever. Well, bacon would have been my first choice but it was frozen. Then for dinner tonight, leftover bison chili which was fantastic. Bob is the chili master.

No comments:

Post a Comment