Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Recipe: Veggie salad gluten free wrap

I love love love the tortilla wrap sandwich and recently I found a great gluten free wrap made of brown rice. So, needless to say I'll be wrapping everything and anything this summer. This was one I made on a whim just because I wasn't in the mood for meat. You can basically use any veggie you have on hand, it's all good. Yeah, it's hard to take a good picture of a wrap sandwich but you get the idea.



Veggie Salad wrap
makes 2 large sandwiches

handful of bean sprouts (optional)
1 cucumber - julienned
2 medium carrots - julienned
2-3 handfuls arugula (or other green you like)
12 sliced grape tomatoes (or chop/slice whatever tomato you have on hand)
1 avocado (smashed)
tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
salt and pepper
olive oil
white or red wine vinegar

2 gluten free wraps (I use Food for Life)

The how to:
I'm in love with my julien peeler and if you had one, you would be too. I just think julienned slices are more manageable for a wrap but if you don't have one, use your skills and slice the cucs pretty thin. I would suggest matchstick style for the carrot. Once your cuc is sliced put it in a colander with some kosher salt and let it drain while you chop and gather the rest of the ingredients.

Mix cucumber, carrots, arugula, tomatoes, bean sprouts in a large bowl with some olive oil, vinegar and salt and pepper.

Smash the avocado in a small bowl, add a dash of salt and pepper and chopped cilantro.

Cover the wraps with a moist paper towel and warm them in the microwave for about 30 seconds.

Spread the avocado on the wrap like sauce on a pizza. Edge to edge. Then place your veggie salad in the middle. Use a good 2-3 handfuls, roll half way, tuck one end, roll over. The end tuck may be a bit tricky since the tort is a little less plyable than traditional flour torts. Don't stress it's all good.

There, quick summer salad warp. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment