Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Twisted Sister

So I did the Games 12.5 wod today which I can only refer to as Fran's twisted sister. Thrusters and chest to bar pull ups. I say twisted because unlike Fran where you start off with 21 and decrease reps, thinking thank god it's only 15, ok, only 9 this time. In this wod you start off at 3 and increase by 3 each set. So the more tired you are, the more reps you have to do to complete. Sucky would be a good description. But, I did pretty well for the most part. I was hoping considering my last Fran time @65 was around 7 minutes, I should (you just never know day to day) be able to get to round 15 and I did. And if I didn't struggle with the stupid band for a few seconds, I may have even gotten all 15 pull ups.  So overall, happy with my result today. And happy I remembered to pick up some more Ben Gay for my traps. I can feel them crying already.

Tuesday
breakfast - oatmeal
lunch/snack - turkey, hummus, cereal bar, almonds
dinner - grilled flank steak, roasted veggies, sweet pots

CF Games 12.5
Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes of the following rep scheme:
100 pound Thruster, 3 reps
3 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 6 reps
6 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 9 reps
9 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 12 reps
12 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 15 reps
15 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 18 reps
18 Chest to bar Pull-ups
100 pound Thruster, 21 reps
21 Chest to bar Pull-ups…

@65# - 83 reps (thru 15 thrusters + 8 pull ups)

notes - First 9 pull ups were unassisted, rest were one leg blue band assisted. Compare to 11.6 2011 Games - 60 reps (12 thrusters + 12 pull ups) Pull ups were good. Made sure to touch my chest (sometimes slam) into the bar each rep.

No comments:

Post a Comment