Thursday, March 15, 2012

What I've learned

OK so now I know. No high rep deads while on amoxicillin. Talk about wanting to puke. Shit. I thought I was going to have to vomit in the recycle bin. I continued with my deads, but couldn't do a WOD afterwards. So frustrated by this cold.

I thought I would wrap up what I've learned over the past 6 months or so of blogging. Number one, it's very cathartic to write down what you eat, how you feel and what you do every day.... workout wise that is. It makes you accountable for how you take care of yourself and, when you don't. I've realized  that proper nutrition is key for exercising. I know, DUH. Eating chicken for dinner, even though it's good for you, doesn't do much to hold me over for the next mornings workout. Pasta and grains are the devil. At least for me. There's nothing like a good carbo load dinner to fuel you for the next day, but with my recent discovery, the side effects of the wheat are not worth it for me anymore. Sorry to say I still haven't found that balance as of yet. I'm considering adding a white potato here and there to see if it would make a difference. I did some reading on it and they get a solid OK if you don't need to cut calories or lose weight. I don't need to do either right now so the extra carbs may do the trick for me. Another thing I learned is that Paleo is king. I'll be the first to admit, and if you've been reading my blog, you'll know that I'm not 100% hardcore paleo. I'm about 90%. But I do believe in the overall theory behind it and that's what changed my life. I still love my cheddar on a burger, the occasional greek yogurt, a tablespoon of peanut butter in my oatmeal and some hummus. All of which are paleo no-no's, but I'm ok with that. I've learned so much about how food affects the body and how bad I've always felt but never knew why. My migraines, headaches and allergies have lessened dramatically and I'm not tired for no reason. Now if I fall asleep by 8pm it's because I got my ass kicked working out, not because I ate too much sugar and processed food.

As far as CrossFit, I've learned... well, nothing new here but that even though almost every workout sucks, I still love it. I can push myself a little more than before. I'm gaining strength, slowly, but steadily. I can carry things like the propane tank easily, I can move furniture without hurting myself and have the ability to do things like the Tough Mudder and call it fun.

I never thought I would be 'that' blogger, the mom blogger, the one who likes to write down for anyone to see that I almost threw up in my garbage can or that my son peed on me but there's something cleansing about it. It's a release, a place to bitch and complain and pat myself on the back, get it off my chest, and most of all learn. Learn what will make me a healthier and happier wife and mother. Because as we all know, if mommy ain't happy, no one is.


Thursday
breakfast - oatmeal w/flax, raisins, walnuts
lunch - leftover flank steak, hummus, apple cinnamon cereal bar
dinner - pork tenderloin, veggie

warm:
jump rope
20# ball squats
push ups
shoulder presses
good mornings
stretching

CFSB C1/W9
Deadlifts
warm: 5x95, 115
work: 5x135, 140, 145#
high rep @110# 21-15-9

NO WOD
*notes - meds making me ill. high rep deads beat me up, dizzy, nauseous. TTOTM, poor nights sleep, head not in the game today. didn't force it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment