Tuesday, May 22, 2012

anything but rest rest day

I decided that my sore body needed a break today so instead of suffering thru a wod I ended up doing 3 loads of laundry, cleaning bathrooms, hanging my diva's cool art work up in the playroom, making the sweet potatoes, making more flax/almond crackers and making the marinade for the chicken. I should have just done the wod, at least that would only take me 12 minutes.

So in my quest to finally make sweet potato 'cake' treats, I ended up just making baked whipped sweet potatoes. Not that they aren't edible, they definitely are, it just didn't come out 'cakey'. Shit. Well, at least I have a side dish for tonight. And... snicker snicker I was able to trick my picky 4 year old into thinking he was eating 'orange cake'. It was just spongy enough to fool him. He gobbled most of it up without hesitation. HA! I got something healthy into you kid. Mommy 1, dude 40.

Still trying to decide if I'm going to rip up a corner of my yard for a garden. I have a small one now that suits our needs but I should be planting more of a variety. Maybe try some broccoli, beans, eggplant and zucchini this year. Usually we just go with herbs, green onions, lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers and cucs but I have a feeling with the way we tear thru veggies it may be better to suck it up and get out there and plant. Eh, that will be my next 'rest' day project.


Tuesday
Rest Day
breakfast/lunch - eggs w/beef, collards and tomatoes
snack - sweet potato 'cake', crackers
dinner - damn fine chicken, sweet potato cake, roasted green beans in bacon fat

No comments:

Post a Comment