Thursday, May 24, 2012

quit your whining

Yeah, todays wod kinda sucked. Rather, it did suck. Running, pull ups and hand stand push ups. I don't mind them separately, but together, that was a sufferfest for me. I had to cave and use the band for the pull ups. Just can't do that volume unassisted yet. And the hspu's, forget it. My upper body is trashed from yesterday so V position was tough enough. Glad I didn't take the rest day though. I was pretty sore and stiff when I woke up and thought I would just chalk it up to a rest day, but the muscles loosened up a few hours later and I sucked it up and got out in the garage. Besides 90% of the time at least one body part is sore so I'm pretty used to it anyway. I'm pretty good about not overdoing it. If I really felt I needed the day, that I might injure myself, of course I would take it, but it was more of a 'poor me I'm sore today' and those thoughts can usually be squashed.

Spent some time this morning taking care of my cast iron skillet since I've been getting a little careless with it lately. Scrubbed it with some kosher salt, rinsed then rubbed in some coconut oil and baked it for 30 minutes at 450. I should have done it twice but it was too damn hot today to run the oven all morning and it smoked up the house pretty good. Yes, it's supposed to smoke. It may be a pain in the ass to care for but now that I use the skillet on a regular basis, I can see why people love it.

Thursday
breakfast - eggs w/kale, onions cooked in bacon fat
lunch/snack - hummus/crackers, almond butter
dinner - shredded mexican chicken lettuce wraps w/guacamole and sauteed bell peppers and onions (picture and recipe tomorrow if it's worthy)

15 minutes to Practice the 3 Position Snatch.
16- 35(2) - 45(2) - 55(3)

-then-

Run 400m
40 Pullups - one leg band assist
20 HSPU - V (feet on chair)
Run 400m
30 Pullups
15 HSPU
Run 400m
20 Pullups
10 HSPU
For time.

19:39

No comments:

Post a Comment