Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Bacon socks!

So... much to my surprise when I went to my favorite foodie site nom nom paleo for the Mexican Beef recipe, I saw that she is giving away some cool knee high socks! Whoohooo! I LOVE knee high socks. LOVE THEM. Fingers and toes crossed people. I need those bacon and nerd socks. NEED THEM because I am both equal parts bacon and nerd.

And yes, I'm making the Mexican Beef again. Feels like a taco night and I have half a roast in the fridge to use so why not?

Made some pork stir fry with cauliflower rice last night. It was pretty good, may have gone a bit overboard with the salt, but still a good one and I was able to use my limpy green beans and over abundance of yellow squash and carrots. Veggies rarely if ever go to waste anymore but due to my veggie hoarding sometimes a few get buried in the fridge and go unseen until they are basically screaming to be eaten.

WOD was good today. I was a little anxious about 3x21 dumbbell swings at 35lbs but I only broke twice. Once in the second round and once in the third. Can't say they were easy but easier so I'm happy with that. The running was a bit tough since my calves and arches are tight from 8+ hours of heels and 150 double unders but I got it done.

Now off to eat some bacon and eggs. Did I mention I'm half bacon?

Wednesday
Outlaw CrossFit: back squat & Helen

Back Squat: 1X8 @ 70%, 1X8 @ 75%, 1X5 @ 85%, 1X5 @ 90% – rest 1:00-2:00 between sets
From 175#: 8x120, 8x130, 5x150, 5x160#

-then-

“Helen”
3 rounds for time of:
Run 400m
21 KBS 24/16kg - 35#
12 Pullups - mix of one leg blue band and regular

13:26

No comments:

Post a Comment