Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Back in the saddle

Had a great workout today. I was unsure if my cranky calf would keep up with me but it did. I actually made myself do the porch scaled women's weight at 75 for the cleans and I'm glad I did. They were challenging but not too hard which unfortunately for me means going heavier next time. Really it is a good thing. I'm supposed to be moving up out of my comfort zone... but at the same time it's probably going to suck. I also think today's wod may have been my first unbroken porch scaled. Happy day. My back squats also went well today. Got 5@160. Not a PR from what I can tell from my records, but they felt good. Struggled on the last one a tad but no real issues there today which is surprising considering I haven't done strength stuff since last Wednesday. It's usually a sufferfest when I take time off but the CrossFit gods were with me today.

Nothing new to report. Looking forward to trying this new chicken recipe tonight. Not usually a fan of legs (other than off of my whole roasters) but this recipe looks great. It just may change my mind. Speaking of whole chickens, Bob and I hit this little Portuguese BBQ restaurant Saturday night before the Mudder since the menu seemed pretty clean, and man, it was good. I ordered the bbq half chicken and 2 beef short rib platter and Bob ordered the half chicken 3 pork rib platter. OMG it was so much food. Not only all the meat but they also threw in half a head of steamed broccoli, potatoes or rice (I got the white potatoes, sue me) and some pickled cauliflower, hot pepper, olive carrot mix. Wow. We could have split one plate and been full but being the carnivores we are we ate most of all of it. I couldn't believe it. I haven't felt that stuffed since.... Thanksgiving I guess. Everything was delicious. It was a great paleo friendly choice.

Off to go check on my little man who is down with a cold today. Poor Bud.


Tuesday
breakfast - sun dried tomato basil chicken sausage w/leftover egg muffins and collards
dinner - turkey meatloaf w/sauteed green peppers, onions, brussle sprouts, tomato, bbq sauce, mashed sweet pots, roasted carrots w/ginger and garlic

Shoulder Press 5-5-5-5-5 reps

5-5-5-5-5
55-60-65-70-75(3)
Had to push a little on last 2@75 so not counting. Last 5RM was 70#.
Wednesday
breakfast - egg muffin, strawberries, leftover mashed sweet pots, turkey
lunch - tuna w/broccoli slaw, banana chips, almonds
dinner - green bbq chicken, roasted broccoli w/balsamic, salad


warm:
ohs - 16# bar
squats
good mornings
stretching
rolling

CFSB C1/W16 Back Squats
warm: 3x95, 3x115#
work: 5x140, 5x150, 5x160#

“The Chief”
The Porch:
Max rounds in 3 minutes of:
115 pound Power cleans, 3 reps - 75#
6 Push-ups
9 Squats
Rest 1 minute. Repeat for a total of 5 cycles.
Post rounds completed for each of the 5 cycles.
Women 75#

1. 3 + 2pc
2. 4
3. 5
4. 4
5. 4

No comments:

Post a Comment