Wednesday, May 16, 2012

pulled pork, drool

Well it's day 2 of my journey into Outlaw CrossFit and although they're wods are tough I'm really liking them. They are a bit more challenging for me since there is no scaling like BrandX but I think this may push me to work harder and try a heavier weight than I would have before. I really like the strength and wod combinations. At this point after having done the 5-3-1 and Strength Bias programming for so long, I'm used to the physical requirement of doing both 4-5 days a week. And with their strength work I would get to do more cleans, snatches and ohs than I normally would. And lord knows I need the practice.

Yesterday's wod wasn't as sucky as I expected it to be. Usually anything with burpees in it upsets my stomach almost immediately but it was a good one. Maybe the masochistic side of me was more present than normal, who knows. I did have a issue with my left wrist so the cleans were hurting a bit, but not enough that I couldn't push thru.

Made another great recipe last night, slow cooker ribs. I used the basic recipe from nom nom paleo but tweaked to the ingredients I had on hand. I used pork ribs, minced ginger and a mix of aminos and tamari to replace the coconut aminos. I also did not have a pear, but using what I did have, they came out fantastic. I also made some vinegar based cole slaw as well and let me tell you, the two mixed together were awesome. The meat cooked perfectly and was a bit sweet, the slaw was tangy and spicy... fabulous. I'm actually making this recipe again Friday night for some family who are visiting from out of town. They are from Texas so I'm sure they'll appreciate a good pulled pork. You'll notice I didn't say sandwich. Who needs bread? Maybe I can change a few more minds about the evils of wheat/grain products.

Tuesday
breakfast - oatmeal w/flax seeds, peanut butter
lunch - larabar, turkey slices
dinner - slow cooker pork ribs & cole slaw

Outlaw CrossFit: Back Squat, Power Cleans/Burpees

15 minutes to a establish a 3RM Back Squat.
115-135-145-155-160-165-170#
-then-

3 rounds for total reps of:
90 sec. ME Power Cleans 135/95# - 75#
90 sec. Rest
90 sec. ME Burpees
90 sec. Rest

1. 14 + 19
2. 15 + 20
3. 14 + 20

Total: 102 reps


Wednesday
Rest Day
breakfast - coconut pancakes w/sausage
lunch - leftover pork 
dinner - flat iron steak & roasted veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment