Thursday, August 16, 2012

Average summer day

As I sit here chowing down on my post wod eggs, bacon and cabbage, I'm really starting to regret buying my daughter a flute for Christmas last year. When played by a 6 and 4 year old, it's the most torturous sound in the world, well, maybe after 'mommy I just threw up in my bed'.

Actually did a mainsite wod today. First time in weeks. And to my surprise I almost did it as rx'd. Unfortunately I didn't realize the women's kettlebell weight was 1.5 pood, not 1 pood like I did. Bummer. My new approach to mainsite is if I have to do it, don't even look at the scaling. It's too easy for me to say, eh, I'll do 55# cleans instead of 85# like I can do. They may be a little slower, but I won't get any better if I don't force myself to work thru it. At least that is my approach and I'm sticking with it. Also did some Outlaw Way's barbell gymnastics today. Only half of it actually. The Way programming is a bit too intense for me but I still needed to do some strength before the wod. So it was snatches... again. Shoulders are a bit sore so I wasn't feeling great with the power snatch but even slightly hobbled, they are so much better than they used to be. If only I could make them look as effortless as Sage. When I grow up I want to be her.

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood so fff for a bike ride to get the kids moving and out of the house, then yardwork and swimming.

Thursday (8/16)
Outlaw BB gymnastics
7X1 1 Hang Power Snatch + 1 Power Snatch – heaviest possible, rest 60 sec (exactly)
45(3)-55-65#(3)
*shoulders not feeling great today

Complete as many rounds as possible in 15 minutes of:
10 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood - 35#
10 Box jumps, 24 inch box
10 Ring dips

7 rounds even

No comments:

Post a Comment