Thursday, August 9, 2012

Banana bread cupcakes

Two more days of camp for the kiddos and the last few hours of freedom for me. Had to take advantage of it today by going for a ride. Legs are a little tight from the squats yesterday so the hills were a little more challenging today. I also got stuck waiting for traffic a few times so that pushed my last mile over 5 minutes. All in all a pretty good pace considering. Yesterday's wod was a good one. I'm pretty sure it was the first Outlaw wod I didn't have to scale or use assistance. Finally! The front squats at 120 were hard, had to break them into 3's the last 2 rounds but I did all my pull ups without the band and managed to squeak in a few 15-20 rep consecutive double unders. Last round was 1-1-1-2-2-2-1 etc. That sucked. At least all my rounds weren't like that so that is progress. During the 8 rep back squats I had to keep telling myself it's only 135 it's only 135, thats light get your ass up! Not sure that I've done any more than 5 consecutive at bodyweight plus.

Not much new on the recipe front with the exception of some banana bread cupcakes from Elayna's Pantry the other day. I subbed the agave with maple syrup and coconut oil for the grapeseed oil. And instead of making a cake I just poured it into a cupcake pan since they were for the kids. Ever since I made PaleOmg's fantastic banana bread the kids always beg me for more... especially when they see I have some brownish bananas. They are smart cookies and I love that they are really starting to enjoy the paleo treats even though they are not filled with red #40 and high fructose corn syrup. Not that I buy any of that shit anymore anyway, I guess it comes down to options. If I don't buy it they can't eat it. Duh. If you haven't checked out Elayna's Pantry, you should. It's been great so far for making paleo and gluten free snacks and treats for the kids. Yeah, it costs me when it comes to almond flour and eggs, but I'de rather spend the extra time and money there than buying packaged treats that are filled with a lot of unpronounceable words.


Thursday (8/9)
5.21 mile bike - 27:33

Wednesday (8/8)
Outlaw Crossfit
4X8 Back Squats @ 80% – rest 2 minutes.
*The Back Squats are based off of YOUR THREE REP MAX
Off of 170# - 135#

-then-
3 rounds for time of:
9 Front Squats 185/120#
12 Strict Pullups
50 Double-Unders
15:08

No comments:

Post a Comment