Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Pulled pork

If there is anything better than the smell of a slow cooking pork roast in the oven, I don't know what it is. Ok, maybe the Thanksgiving Day turkey may be a formidable opponent but, for those of us who love that bacon smell, the pork was a winner hands down. I used this recipe from Nom Nom Paleo since I had that nice big shoulder roast I bought at the farm the other day.



The crust that formed on top was fantastic, smokey, sweet and spicy. I did miss the juice that comes along with a crock pot pork but a little leftover bbq sauce did the trick. Tonight I'm going with honey tamari marinated salmon, brussle sprouts and cucumbers and yogurt.

Not much else going on in the Chase household. Happy that AGT is back and the Olympics are finished. I'm Olympicked out. If I see Gabby or Michael Phelps again, I may just throw up.

Wednesday (8/15)
Outlaw Crossfit
12 minutes to establish a 1RM Heaving Snatch Balance.
45-55#
*stuck with 55 since I’m having a problem with the feet position. Keep kicking out even with wider beginning stance.

-then-
1a) 3XME Strict Pullups – rest 45 sec. - 10-9-5
1b) 3X10 2 Arm KB Snatches – rest 45 sec. - 20#
1c) 3X25 – Med Ball Ab-Mat Situps 20/14# (anchored), rest 45 sec. - 15# dumbbell
1d) 3X5 Snatch Grip Behind the Neck Press – heavier than last week, rest 45 sec. - 60#

No comments:

Post a Comment