Thursday, August 30, 2012

Another reason to hate overhead squats

Ok I'll admit it, sometimes I'm a real dummy. Instead of dumping my wobbly overhead squat like a good crossfitter, I tried to save it instead. Which I did, but at the expense of pulling a muscle in my neck that screamed down to my shoulder blade like the fires of hell. I'm sure we've all done that at some point but the dummy in me decided to finish the next 3 rounds. Hey, I lowered the weight 10 pounds. I'm not that stupid. Eh. So, I'm taking a stupidity induced rest day or two. Today is number 2. My neck is feeling a lot better but I'm not able to lift anything heavy overhead or even rest the bar on my back for a squat. Believe me, I tried. I hate consecutive rest days even when I'm hurt.

At least the day wasn't a total loss though. I did score at Old Navy for the kids back to school clothes. I found a tank top for .47. Crazy. Even if my daughter wipes her ass with it, it's still a good deal.

Zero motivation on the cooking front lately. Chef salad with flat iron steak last night, shrimp and sausage tonight. Lame but easy and tasty. I haven't even made any treats which is actually a good thing.   I need to drop a few extra pounds that found their way back to me. Guess that means I'll have to hold off on the double mocha chocolate chip cookies I saw last week.

Now to get the pool cleaned up. It turned green a few days ago and I've been trying my best to get it cleared up. With the amount of chemicals I've used over the past 2 days I can't believe it doesn't look like the fucking Carribean. I'll give it one more round of chemicals if that doesn't work it's getting drained and put away for the season. I mean at this point, I'm not even sure if we should go in it. I don't want my children to end up looking like the swamp thing for christ's sake. Wasn't he a product of toxic water? No, I don't know my comic books, I'm not that much of a nerd. Give me some credit.

No comments:

Post a Comment