Sunday, September 2, 2012

Kinesio tape and beef

So I jumped on the Kinesio tape bandwagon. I can certainly see why it's gaining popularity. It works. Unfortunately for shoulder pain, there are several different ways to tape so it will be trial and error at first. I did tape using the 'general shoulder pain' method and even in my not so perfect application, (you really need someone else to do it for you) I notice a difference. Yesterday I was able to bang out 22 UB dips in my first set with very little pain. The week before I could only get up to 12 in my first set. I still had some trouble with the one arm dumbbell snatch though... 32lbs was a bit too painful to push thru.

Finally made a new dish the other night, Asian ground beef. It was pretty good and it's nice to find another easy recipe with ingredients I usually always have on hand, with the exception of the broccoli slaw. Luckily I just happen to have it. Kudos for me. I love when I can make a dinner that doesn't require me to go to the store. The kids and I just finished making some zucchini bread again. I don't think this was the recipe I used before, regardless, it came out pretty good. I tweaked it by adding vanilla, nutmeg and cutting back one egg. If I do make it again, I would probably use another tablespoon of maple syrup too. Surprisingly the kids liked it even though it wasn't quite as sweet. Tonight I'm going with our favorite beef recipe, you guessed it Mexican Beef. Love it. Getting ready to get that shit together as soon as I get finished with this post.

Not much else happening, Bob is working overtime this weekend which means I have too much time on my hands to shop online... well, browse online and stress over making the kids healthy lunches for the new school year thanks to Nom Nom's post on school lunches. Damn her and her healthy kids! I wish my kids would eat broccoli, tomatoes, roast beef and chicken salad. I will try my best not to succomb to lunchables, bagged chips and 'fruit' snacks but I usually always cave. At least my daughter will eat apple slices, turkey, carrots and healthier stuff sometimes, and I'm not packing her Hostess cupcakes, jelly sandwiches and mini jug juices like some of the other kids. Oh well, I guess all I can do is try right?

1 comment:

  1. Kinesio tape is the amazing tape ever, it has many purposes and very reliable in pains.

    Elastic Strapping Tape

    ReplyDelete