Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I've said it before

and I'll say it again. I dislike the snatch. OK, the hang snatch isn't that terrible and that's what I did today so I'll stop complaining. I was able to get 3 sets of 5@60# with no pause in the crease so I am slowly making progress. My grip and forearms didn't like it much but it was only 5 at a time. I think my next investment equipment wise will be a good 'women's grip' oly bar. The times that I have used one, it makes a huge difference for me. My hands are dainty delicate flowers. I think I need a smaller bar. Time to check out Get Rx'd.... Or I could just shut up and get over it.

Speaking of getting over it. I told myself today that from now on I will put on my big girl pants and stop using the band for pull ups. Time to cut the cord, even if it doubles my times. I was able to do 30 today, 15 at a time so I can do it. I'm not making any promises that I won't break when I have to do a workout that includes 25-50 reps, but I'll try.

My helper and I made some stuffed pork tenderloin last night. I adjusted the recipe a tad to include what I had on hand. Instead of olives I used capers, I used roasted red peppers and I did not add the pine nuts. It was still very tasty if you like the briny and bitter of the caper and spinach. There are so many ways to stuff a tenderloin. I'll have to experiment next time.
Now that my daughter has been trying new foods she is becoming more interested in actually cooking. I suppose she's always had an interest but I think now she gets it. She is seeing what is going into the dinners I make and understanding that she actually does like most of the foods already. Bud on the other hand, well, he's making an effort and that is all I can hope for at this point. He did eat pork and mashed squash last night, eventually after a lot of convincing. He thought the squash was sweet potato (which he will eat) and I didn't correct him. Now if I can only get him to eat something, ANYTHING green, my job as a parent will be complete. I mean really, what else does he need to know? Eat good food, get some exercise, put the toilet seat down and be nice to people. I guess the fourth can be optional depending on the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment