Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sometimes I'm just not that smart

I really like to think I am but I'm woman enough to admit that I'm not. At least not all the time. The other day I had to do top load deadlifts. I'm pretty sure I mentioned them. You start with the bar at your thigh and work down then back up twice. Touch and go. Do this 7 times at 190#. Well, 190 for me, based on percentage. Yeah, it's a lot and no I've never done them before. I may have also mentioned that I knew my form wasn't great at that weight and my back will pay the price, well, two days later here I am still paying the price. Sigh. I do feel much better today and actually got a nice little wod done including a few 400m runs since it is actually sunny and somewhat warmish today. Yesterdays mental health day really helped. Bud was at school all day and I did nothing which was as awesome as it sounds.

Well my little guy is sick again thanks to his little girlfriend at school. He came home the other day and say Jackie coughed all over me. Great. Just great. I'm keeping my fingers crossed patient X keeps his little booger fingers to himself and doesn't spread the sickness to the rest of us.

I'm proud to say that Bob and I are still sticking to the 'you'll eat what we eat for dinner' or at the very least, you'll try a piece. My daughter is making progress, she's at least not fighting me about it anymore and realized she actually likes pork. My son still refuses most nights and would rather not eat at all. He'll come around eventually once he realizes he has no choice anymore. Must. Stick. With. It. They do get their 'free meals' where they can pick. Only a few times and usually when Bob will be home late or if we are eating seafood. I'm giving them a pass on trying seafood for now. At least until they realize meat, pork and turkey are good for them and they shouldn't be afraid of it. I recently read an article on MDA about getting kids to eat primal, or healthier. They say get the kids involved in the whole process. Shopping, cooking etc. I've tried that and it didn't work for me. Maybe I'll try it again now that they are a little older.

Not much else going on. Going thru a little Dexter withdraw. Tends to happen when you watch 7 years worth of shows every day for the past 3 months. Now we're back to either watching previous seasons of Breaking Bad or hoping the evil red machine (Netflix) will decide to send us good movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment