Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Nice way to start the day

The sun is shinning, it's 45 degrees instead of 25 and I finally got my 200lb back squat. I've been stuck around 190-195 for what feels like an eternity, but really it's only been a few months.... which I guess is long enough. It was hard as hell to get that first inch back up but once I got it, I got it. I remained in my happy place for my 3/ 400m sprints and came in with a best at 1:33. Not gonna lie, I hate the sprint work but it actually felt good to run and give the arms a rest after the squat clean work yesterday. I'm sure I'll pay for it later but right now, I feel great.

Nothing much going on otherwise. Finished the taxes already. One monkey off my back. Next we have to start making plans for our trip to Florida next month. We are driving down to see my parents during Easter week and hoping to make a stop at Lego Land. Both the kids love Legos and this may be the only opportunity I have to find actual Angry Bird Legos. I mean, they have to have them right? They make anything and everything out of Legos, why not Angry Birds? Bud doesn't know about my secret mission but I'm sure if we actually find them, he will in fact shit in his pants. And yes, I said we were driving. Driving 2 days with 2 kids in the car. Sounds more frightening than filet of fish nuggets but I'm holding out hope we will have enough electronic gadgets to get us thru.

Looking forward to my rest day tomorrow, and I may actually take one so I can get some more recipes finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment