Friday, December 2, 2011

Can't. Lift. Arms.

OK, thats a bit dramatic. I can lift them, just not very high or for very long. Wow. Take a few days off from the weights and ouch. Between the shoulder presses and the damn rope climbs yesterday my upper body is beat up. I am happy that I was able to get up the rope pretty easily though even after not doing it for quite a while. I guess it's like riding a bike, once you learn you can always do it, it just hurts when you haven't done it in a while. The key is learning to use the rope around one foot and gripping it with the other. Once you get that down, it's pretty easy to pull yourself up. Well, easier. If you don't have access to a rope or can't climb it, you can wrap a towel around a pull up bar and simulate climbing. I don't know if the towel pull up sub ever did anything for me. I think it was overall upper body strength from all the training then doing rope climbs with my feet on the tree...like I was walking up the tree. Doing that is much more difficult than towel pull ups and you actually get the feel of gripping the rope and pulling your body weight. Much more effective but not everyone has access to a rope or a good tree to hang it from so I get the sub. Just don't like it I guess.

Regardless, I like the rope climbs but my arms are shot and my shoulder is killing me. Taking a rest day today. Not that I actually rest, but I'm not exercising at all and I have some important stuff to do today. Buy new boots, go food shopping and play Modern Warfare 3. Yep, I'm a gaming nerd. Love video games. If I could, I would play all day long. No lie. It's as much of a sickness for me as CrossFit and cheese. Although at least with CrossFit, I know when to stop.... most of the time.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment