Friday, December 9, 2011

Happy happy deadlift day

So today I decided to do my deadlift strength work. I usually do them on Saturdays with Bob then we do a workout together. But 99.9% of the time I'm slightly hungover on Saturday so I decided to do them today instead. Smart am I. Last weeks almost failure @175 had my panties in a bunch all week. I know I can do better. Today I got 4@185 off the ground pretty successfully. Most of the time I have Bob there to tell me you're doing this or that.. or looks good etc. I recorded it so I can see if my form was lacking at that weight and I'll tell you, after watching tons and TONS of videos and reading commentary on what was wrong or right, I think I'm doing pretty well.  All in all a happy day. I didn't do a metcon today though, still struggling with 'do I take time off or lighten the load'. Think I'm going to lighten the load instead for a few days. My body feels good so I don't want to take time off, but mentally I'm tired. So tired. Gearing up for a heavy day or horrible sounding wod is tough on the brain as well as the body. Not to mention all the other shit I have to do like take care of my kids and the house. My son has been especially tough this week so I'm feeling a little beat down by that. Anyone that has kids knows some days are just exhausting and you can't wait to put them to bed.... or yourself for that matter. Anyway, for all the trouble he's caused I know he'll turn it around and be my sweet little guy again. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Not much else going on, ordered some presents online to avoid actually shopping in the store. Hate holiday shopping. Too hot, too crowded and way too many assholes out. Like today for example... there is this major intersection, 4 lanes all directions and construction screwing everything up. I was in the left hand turn lane, the two cars in front of me started to go then had to stop in the middle of the intersection so a construction truck could pass thru. The workers held up the stop sign until the truck passed. At this point my light had turned red and the opposite lights turned green. Don't you know, instead of letting the two cars that were stuck in the middle of the fucking intersection continue to make their left turn the cars in the other lanes started going around them. In front and behind so the stuck cars couldn't move if they wanted to. Unbelievable. What a bunch of assholes. Ok expletive laced rant over.

Friday
warmup:
20 kettlebell swings
10 good mornings
10 hpc
10 snatch
10 squats
yoga stretching

CFSB3 w2/d3
Deadlifts
warmup: 5x85, 105, 125#
work: 3x145, 165, 185#(4)
last set max reps

Recon Ron Pull ups
Step 8/1: 5-4-3-2-2

*Food tip - want 'tacos' but not all the fat? We did marinated grilled flank steak, sliced thin, smashed avocado w/lime and s&p, tomato and onion relish w/red wine vinegar and oil and topped with a little greek yogurt and wrapped them in a lettuce leaf. Messy but really good and light on calories. Settles the taco craving. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment