Monday, January 23, 2012

Blah day

Got a case of the blahs today. Woke up with post nasal drip, scratchy throat and low motivation. Thank you house of bouncy germ horror. I couldn't muster up the energy to do a full WOD but I did get my strength work and pull ups done for the day so I won't feel like a total worthless mess. High rep shoulder presses felt heavy by the time I got to 10. Not a good sign. It's really important to listen to the body and mine is saying enough already.

I thought the carbo load of pizza last night would hold me over this morning during my IF Monday workout but I'm not sure it's gonna happen today. I may have to give in and have brunch.

The Bacon Experiment isn't going well. First off, I can't not eat it. Had some Saturday night with the chicken marsala and I haven't dropped the weight from abstaining anyway. Why suffer? I'm still at a loss as to why I went up from 127 to 129-130. Yeah, it's only 2 pounds or so but when I've been maintaining 126-127.5 for the past 5-6 months, it's perplexing. I have been eating a lot of almonds. That may be another food I'll have to cut back on. If I can't figure it out by the end of the week, I'm going with muscle gain and moving on.

Monday
*IF day. 
warmup:
not much - kb swings, stretching, lunges, broomstick presses

CFSB C1/W3
Shoulder Press
warmup: 3x16.5, 5x45#
work: 3x55, 60, 70#
high rep @ 40# - 15-12-9

Recon Ron
Step 9/6: 5-4-3-3-3

*notes - no wod today. not feeling up to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment