Wednesday, January 4, 2012

To bias or not to bias

So I finished the 5-3-1 program with some improvements. Not what I was hoping for but improvement none the less. If anything I think it taught me how to manage working a strength program along with regular WODS. It wasn't that bad but from what I hear about the Strength Bias program, it may just kick my ass. I'll have to have Bob write down exactly what I have to do for a while until I get it.

Today I did the dreaded 1RM deadlift test. I've been putting it off for a few days since the last time I couldn't get 185 off the ground. Today I got 210. Yehaw. I could hear Bob's voice in my head 'attack the bar!'. I hiked my pirate socks up and attacked. Progress. I like progress.

I also did one of the ladies today. Cindy. She's not that bad but I did only do 12 minutes. I got thru all the pull ups unassisted. The push ups were the tough part for me. Didn't have to go to my knees, but they were ugly. Nothing more to say on that.

*breakfast - oatmeal w/flax, pb, walnuts. lunch - hummus, turkey, almonds, grapes. dinner - will be crab cakes, tomato cucumber salad and parsnip 'fries'.


warmup: 10x
squats
good mornings
kb swings
45# DL
stretching

Deadlift 1RM test
warmup: 5x95, 3x125, 3x155#
175, 190, 200, 210#(PR), 215(F)
*new PR by 5#

Recon Ron
Step 8/14: 5-4-3-2-2

Cindy
Complete as many rounds in 12 minutes as you can of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

8 rounds + 5 pull ups + 7 push ups

No comments:

Post a Comment