Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello Fran nice to see you again.

So this may be my 4th or 5th Fran since I started CrossFit. She hasn't been very nice to me in the past. Woman thing I guess. OK, she's a bitch. There I said it. Today, we got along a little better. Maybe she was drunk. Who knows but I beat my old 45 pound time by almost 8 minutes. So there! Yeah I know, it was only 45 pounds but it was made clear in the post to shoot for 3-5 minutes and I couldn't do that at 65#, that was painfully obvious on Fran's last visit. Anyway, good way to start the day.

On to New Years. I'm making a resolution to not make any more drunken, impossibly ridiculous resolutions. I'm now referring to them as 'goals'. Who doesn't have a goal? So my goal is not so much for me as it is my kids. I'm feeling good, I have a good routine and I know what I need to work on. And really, some things you just can't stick to for that long. For example, don't yell at the kids, or don't give other drivers the finger even if they did something stupid. I can't put that much pressure on myself. I will however try to get my kids to eat healthier. Thats my only goal. It won't happen over night, and I'm not expecting them to say can I have more broccoli and asparagus please? But I need to get them to start trying new foods. It's not like I'm sending them off to the bus stop with a pop tart and a soda but they need to get out of the frozen chicken beaks and ass nuggets. So the plan is to have them try one of something that we are eating for dinner instead of one of what they eat. Starting small. Most of the time my daughter will at least try something, my son, no way. It takes a lot of convincing and tears to get him to even lick anything other than fries or yogurt. We'll see.

Lots of workouts to catch up on and can't really remember what I ate most of the days. I know I felt like shit after eating bruschetta and cheese New Years Eve. Too many carbs and dairy products for me in back to back days. I paid for it. But, it was a special occasion. Isn't that what we say to justify? Well, it was....

Thursday
warmup:
jump rope
20# kb squats
kb swings
10x16.5#, 3x45# ohs

Back Squat 1RM test
warmup: 3x95, 125, 135#
150, 160, 170(PR), 175#(F)
*last 1RM was 160#.

WOD
Puppies
Five rounds for time of:
PVC-25 pound Deadlift, 9 reps - 45#
PVC-25 pound Hang power snatch, 6 reps - subbed HPC 45#
PVC-25 pound Overhead squat, 3 reps - 45#
5:15

Friday
warmup:
10x
squats w/25# plate
kb swings
OHS broomstick and 16.5
push ups
squat cleans
stretching

Shoulder Press Test
warmup: 3x45, 55, 65#
70, 75, 80(F), 80(F)
*no improvement today. Sucked at 80. Couldn't budge it.
Run 1.5 miles - 11:52

Practice
OHS- broomstick and 45#

Recon Ron
Step 8/11: 5-4-3-2-2
*dinner - flank steak fajitas w/peppers, onions, guacamole, yogurt and tort wraps.

Saturday
warmup:
10x
squats w/25# plate
TTB(20)
KTE
good mornings
kb swings
grasshoppers
5x16.5#snatch
5x16.5#cleans

OHS Practice
5x16.5, 45, 55, 65, 75#(f)

Recon Ron
Step 8/12: 5-4-3-2-2

Run
3x400m
*apps - toasted bread w/moz, proscuitto and sage butter, shrimp. dinner - lamb w/tztaki. dessert - whipped coconut mousse w/dark chocolate and raspberries. plenty of prosecco and raspberry chambord.

Sunday
warmup:
10x
squats
16.5, 45# OHS
kb swings
400m
stretching
5x16.5, 45# push press

Bench Press Test
warmup: 5x45, 3x55, 3x65
75, 80, 85, 90(PR), 95#(F)
*15lb increase. Previous 1RM was 75#. If my shoulder wasn't feeling tweaky I may have gotten the 95 up. Next time.

Recon Ron
Step 8/13: 5-4-3-2-2
*dinner - pork sausage w/peppers and onions
Monday
Active Rest day - 2.5 mile hike at Valley Forge Park with family.
*no breakfast. lunch - grilled turkey, sun dried tomatoes, tomatoes, avocado panini (didn't eat flatbread). dinner - roaster chicken w/sauteed veggies. 

Tuesday
warmup:
kb swings
5x16.5 thrusters
good mornings
stretching

“Fran”
Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Thruster - 45#
Pull-ups
5:09
*no breakfast. protein ball snack. lunch - eggs w/broccoli rabe, mushrooms, tomatoes. dinner - turkey meatloaf w/primal bbq sauce, mashed sweet pots, broccoli
*notes - was able to do first 21 pull ups unassisted. Used one foot green band for 15 & 9. Until we meet again Fran. 

No comments:

Post a Comment