Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Weight gain, muscle gain, annoyance gain

The scale hasn't been on my side lately. The pessimist in me thinks it's because I've been eating more bacon lately. For the love of God please say it isn't so that bacon is making me fat. I have a sneaking suspicion that it may be the extra salt causing water weight gain since I'm hovering 3 pounds off and on. The optimist wants to believe maybe I'm gaining muscle. And we all know muscle weighs more than fat right? Or is that an old wives tale? I have been doing a strength program for about 3 1/2 months, I am getting stronger so maybe it is muscle. Sigh. I've got to test my no bacon theory for a week and see what happens. I don't want to but I'm pretty sure that's it. Insert tears here.

Day 9 of the teacher strike. Huh. Lightbulb. Maybe it's stress weight? Funny how I've been feeling fat since my daughter has been home from school. Interesting. Don't get me wrong, I love my daughter and she is a fantastic bright beautiful little girl but she adds a whole other element of crazy to this house when she's home. She always needs to be moving moving moving, talking talking talking. Hmm, another theory to test since she goes back to school on Friday.

Loving the fact that Paula Deen who has had diabetes for three years and is a paid spokesperson for a diabetes drug has been cooking the same fattening recipes since her diagnosis. As someone who used to watch her, I know the word moderation was never in her vocabulary. If it was, she wouldn't be overweight. I would be interested to know how long she's been working for pharma. My conspiracy theory is she kept making fattening food to keep people fat so they'll end up with diabetes and need meds. Does it sound crazy? No. I think big pharma will do anything for a buck. My opinion.

Thursday

warmup:
yes

CFSB C1/W1
Deadlift (75% of 210)
warmup: 3x65, 105
work: 3x120, 140, 160#
high rep (@105#): 20x105#

WOD
3 rounds
10 dumbbell step ups - 20#
10 burpees
10 squats
6:27

Friday
Rest Day
*breakfast - bacon and eggs. snack - popcorn. dinner - devil shrimp w/linguini 


Saturday
*oatmeal w/flax, pb, walnuts. lunch - ??. dinner - bbq turkey burgers w/guacamole, cheddar, bacon on portabella, broccoli rabe 

“Filthy Fifty”
Pack:
For time:
35 Box jump, 18-20 inch box - 20”
35 Jumping pull-ups
35 Kettlebell swings, 1 pood - 35#
Walking Lunge, 35 steps
35 Ab-Mat Sit-ups
35 Push press, 45 pounds
35 Back extensions - good mornings 45#
35 Wall ball shots, 14-20 pound ball - 12#
35 Burpees
35 Double unders
20:21
Compare to last: 20:39 w/18” box jumps, 30# kb swings, 25# good mornings & single unders.
Sunday
*breakfast - eggs w/leftover turkey burger, collards, mushrooms. lunch - almonds, hummus. dinner - turkey chili w/brown rice.
warmup:
yes

CFSB C1/W1
Front Squat (75% of 160)
warmup: 5x45, 3x75
work: 3x95, 105, 115#
high rep back squat (@ 85#) - 12-9-6

Recon Ron
Step 9/2 - 5-4-3-3-3

No WOD.
Monday
*breakfast & lunch - nothing. dinner - salmon w/lemon & capers, cucumbers and yogurt, couscous patties.

warmup:
yes

CFSB C1/W2
Shoulder Press
warmup: 5x16.5, 3x45#
work: 3x50, 55, 65#
high rep @ 40#: 12-9-6

WOD
Pack
Five rounds for time of:
12 Wallball shots, 14 pound ball - 12#
12 Toes-to-bar
Women - 10 pound
6:49

Recon Ron
Step 9/3: 5-4-3-3-3


Tuesday
*toast w/almond butter. lunch - ?? dinner - eggs w/left over chili
Rest Day

Wednesday
*breakfast - oatmeal w/flax, strawberries, walnuts. lunch - eggs w/turkey, broccoli, mushrooms & salsa. dinner - grilled rib eye, mashed sweet pots, veggies

warmup:
yep

CFSB C1/W2
Back Squat
warmup: 3x65, 95#
work: 3x105, 120, 135#

Recon Ron
Step 9/4?: 5-4-3-3-3

WOD
Split snatch 1-1-1-1-1-1-1 reps
All 45#

practice w/broom stick, 16.5 bar. OH lunge (as in video) practice w/45#

*notes - Out of the 15 or so that I did I think I managed to get 2, possibly 3 somewhat decent ones. Either my knee kept hitting the ground or I couldn’t get under fast enough. I will definitely work the overhead bar lunge, seems to be a bit easier on my shoulder. Hopefully I can build my OH strength up again by doing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment