Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Almond flour pancakes

OK, WTF Castro? Starting off the Games on a Wednesday and un-televised? We have to rely on cell phone updates and twitter? Give me a fucking break. I guess he's hoping to get noticed for the most twitter posts about Crossfit in one day or something. I don't know about anyone else but I was looking forward to seeing the athletes do the tri. I want to see them crush it to prove what Crossfit is all about. That lifting weights will help you swim, bike and run harder. Whatever. I'm annoyed.

Anyway. On to food. I finally made some good almond flour pancakes. In the past they've always been a little too grainy, too dry, too soggy etc. But this time they came out perfect. I like the coconut pancakes but they are a little more 'eggy'. More like a thick omlet. Not that they are bad by any means, but the almond flour makes them feel more like pancakes.

Makes 1- 8" pancake
2 eggs
3 tbsp almond flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
handful of fresh blueberries

I cooked mine in butter since I don't have any ghee left but that would have been my choice. Cook them until the edges brown, about 1:30 minutes then flip.

WOD was ok today. My shoulders have been bothering me and I only got about 6 hours sleep last night.  I went lighter than I should have with the kettlebell snatches. Rx'd was 35#, I went with my 20# kb. But better to scale down than hurt myself.

Outlaw Crossfit
5X3 Back Squats @ 90% – rest 90 sec.
5x3 @ 165#

-then-
30 KB Snatches 24/16kg - 20# kb
Run 800m
30 KB Snatches 24/16kg
8:33

No comments:

Post a Comment