Thursday, July 5, 2012

my pork is sore

Wow. It's Thursday and I haven't posted in a few days. What the hell have I been doing all week? Hmm, Monday I don't remember. Tuesday I took the kids to the park to play in the water and catch some frogs. We brought 8 tiny froggies home with the warning that they will probably not live long and there will be no crying when you realize mommy doesn't know how to take care of them. The kids were fine with that and just liked the idea of catching and keeping them. Ok then. Well, it's Thursday and there are 3 left. A few died and I think the others escaped their glass bowl of death. Lucky them. 


Yesterday I made some killer pork in the crock and threw together some cole slaw. (I sub pork instead of beef ribs in that recipe). Bob also made a great summer drink. He blended some fresh pineapple, ice, dark rum, coconut milk and a touch of maple syrup. It was awesome.

I've been a little uninspired lately on meals. Not that we are not eating really well, just nothing post worthy. It's tough with both kids home to sit down, research, shop, prepare... the days just aren't long enough. Well, they are long, just not in a good way some days. 

So I mentioned the other day that I bought some gluten free pizza dough mix. Well, I made the pizza Sunday night and it was wonderful. Much better than I thought it would be. Maybe because I've been craving pizza and haven't had any in at least 3 months. I topped one with green peppers, onions and prosciutto and the other was plain. Even the kids liked it. My son said it was the best pizza he ever had. Pretty simple to make, takes about 20 minutes to rise then 8 min to pre-bake. A very satisfying option for those of us who either choose not to eat wheat or can't tolerate it any more.

Workouts have been brutal the past few days. I've actually had to do 1 on 1 off between the overworked shoulders and the sore ass and hams today. Eh, I'm not stressing over it. I feel good and would rather take an extra day than try to tough it out and hurt myself. Besides we bought a big Intex pool yesterday and I want to jump in with the kids after I work up a sweat doing some yard work.

Wednesday
Outlaw Crossfit
Back Squat: 1X3 @ 90%, 1X3 @ 95%, 1X1 @ 100%, 2X1 @ 105% – rest 2:00-3:00 between sets.
3x155, 3x160, 1X170, 1-1x 175#
-then-

4 rounds for total reps of the 4 minute dual effort of:
2 minute AMRAP of:
20 Split Jumps
10 HR Pushups
10 Pullups

2 minutes to complete:
1 ME UB Set of Front Squats @ 70% - 110#

1. 1 round + 20 jumps + 3 push ups/ 9 fs = 72
2. 1 round + 20 jumps + 9 push ups/ 7 fs = 76
3. 1 round + 20 jumps + 10 push ups/ 5 fs = 75
4. 1 round + 20 jumps + 7 push ups/ 6 fs = 72
Total: 295 reps

Monday
Outlaw Crossfit
15 minutes to establish a 1RM Power Clean & Push Jerk.
45 - 65 - 75(2) - 80(2) - 85(2) - 90#(3)
-then-

4 rounds for total working time of:
7 Cleans (full squat) @ 85% of above - 70#
14 Bar Facing Burpees
Run 200m
*Rest 1 minute between rounds.
16:46 (without rest)




No comments:

Post a Comment