Monday, July 9, 2012

Bacon wrapped scallops

Happy to say my scallops came out fantastic. I served them over kale sauteed in garlic and the bacon fat from the pan and a tomato cucumber olive feta salad.

 

The weekend was hot as hell but the new pool made it bearable to be outside and the best part was that the kids weren't stuck in the house just looking for trouble. My little guy finally started to venture out from the safety of the middle to the sides of the pool and actually floated on his back and swam a little. For whatever reason he assumed the middle of the pool wasn't as deep as the side... I don't know. I don't try to figure it out anymore. Just nod and smile.

We also had some fabulous dinners this weekend including eggplant parm and crab cakes which I'll post about tomorrow.

Weekend wods were ok. Outlaw didn't post so I went with the mainsite's overhead squat. Hate to cherry pick but it worked out well since I had Bob here to make sure I was getting low enough and keeping the weight on my heels. I did actually like today's power clean wod. Well, now I can say that because it's over. High rep at a decent weight for me... good one.


Bacon Wrapped Scallops
12 Sea Scallops
2 cloves garlic, minced
juice from 1/2 a lemon
pinch of lemon zest
salt and pepper
6 pieces raw bacon (cut in half)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix scallops, lemon juice, zest, garlic, s&p. Wrap each scallop in bacon, place on cookie sheet, seam side down. Bake for about 20-22 minutes. We took them out when the bacon looked like it was crispy.

*I served them with bitter greens which I think worked well since the scallops and bacon are so sweet and mild. Nice combo of flavors.  

Monday (7/9)
Outlaw Crossfit
20 minutes to establish a 1RM Clean and Jerk.
45(2)-55(2)-65(2)-75(2)-80(2)-85-90(2)-95-95(f)

-then-
3 rounds for time of:
20 Power Cleans 95/65# - 65#
20 HR Pushups
10:44

Sunday (7/8)
5-6 mile bike ride
pull up practice

Saturday (7/7)
OHS
5-3-3-3-1-1-1-1-1 reps
45-55-55-60-65-70-75-80(f)-80#

No comments:

Post a Comment