Thursday, July 12, 2012

Shitastic

That is my new word of the day and it is the word I choose to describe my double unders. I started off the 50 with 9 right out of the gate then lost focus in my elation and continued to whip myself bloody for the next 2 rounds. Gah. I did manage 11 or 12 at one point, but that was about it. Mother f'er. And as if that wasn't bad enough the rest of the wod was another goat, snatches and snatch balance. When I read the wod this morning I went into it thinking OK, take this one as a practice day since I knew I couldn't and/or shouldn't go higher than the 45 pound bar. I'm pretty sure I've gotten more before but I just didn't have it in me today. Form was good, not great and that's what they expected everyone to achieve. Ah well, time to move on.

Although I was annoyed with the cell phone video feed of the Games yesterday, I was glued to my computer thru most of it. And damn, Chris Spealer. To lose his ring, his goggles, injure his foot, run thru muscle cramps and end up 9th (I think) overall, he just may be my dark horse this year. I hope he can recover well enough to give it everything he has this weekend.

Speaking of the weekend. Between the Games, the Tour and the season premier of Breaking Bad, I'm going to be in tv overload. Now if there were only MMA on at some point, I would not leave the couch. Well, with the exception of getting a drink or something.

Nothing new on the recipe front. Made some garbage stir fry with shrimp, cabbage, broccoli, onions and mushrooms last night. Tonight will be beef sliders (my favorite and easy backup).

Thursday (7/12)
Outlaw Crossfit
5X2 3-Stop Snatch Pull + Hi-Hang Snatch (full squat) – heavy but perfect, rest 60 sec.
45# across the board

-then-
12 minute AMRAP of:
50 Double-Unders
7 Hang Power Snatches 95/65# - 45#
7 Snatch Balances 95/65#

2 rounds + 50 du’s + 2 hps

No comments:

Post a Comment