Monday, July 2, 2012

Is anyone else sick of the....

"Hey, I've been doing Crossfit for a week now, how come I don't look like Elisabeth Akinwale/Rich Froning/Graham Holmberg (or insert hard body here) what gives? Yeah, I did the modified scaled version of the scaled version for 5 minutes yesterday. Oh you mean I have to do that for like a year AND stop eating Twizzlers and Coke for lunch?" Sometimes the stupidity is astonishing. 

Remember people, this is MY blog, if I've offended, feel free to move on. 

I'm in a shitty mood today as if that wasn't apparent already. 

I did however make one of the best effin gluten free paleo friendly cookie recipes to date. Bacon cookies. They put a smile on my face for a little while until my daughter told my picky 4 year old there was bacon in them, then all of a sudden he didn't like 'the yummiest bestest chocolate cookies' anymore. 

Going with Phenomenal Green Chicken tonight. Love love love this recipe. Not sure what I'll serve it with yet, but some sort of roasted veggie and a salad. 

Weekend was good. Went to the beach on Saturday afternoon. We got a late start and traffic was slow so we didn't get to spend as much time as we wanted. Kids had a good time, water was pretty warm for the East Coast in June. Sea breeze kept it rather comfortable, even a bit chilly when the clouds rolled in. Sunday we did a lot of nothing. Love those days. 

Workouts were hard. Saturday was lost due to too much mexican water the night before. I got dressed and tried to do some warmup stuff and a few low weight cleans but my body was not happy so I gave up. Sunday was heavy deadlift metcon day. Major stressor for me since I've never done anything over bodyweight (130-135) in a metcon. I stuck with 165. Hard, but not brutal like it should have been. The women's weight called for 225. HA! I can't even get 225 off the floor! Shit, I can't get 215 off the floor.  Maybe some day. Today's wod was ugly. Squat cleans, burpees and running. It was no fun. No fun at all. Mentally I checked out after the first set of burpees and just put myself on auto pilot in order to finish. 

Hopefully I'll get my shit together and find out where my good mood went... oh right, it's on the floor in the garage. 

Monday (7/2)
Outlaw Crossfit
15 minutes to establish a 1RM Power Clean & Push Jerk.
45 - 65 - 75(2) - 80(2) - 85(2) - 90#(3)
-then-

4 rounds for total working time of:
7 Cleans (full squat) @ 85% of above - 70#
14 Bar Facing Burpees
Run 200m
*Rest 1 minute between rounds.
16:46 (without rest)

Sunday (7/1)
Outlaw Crossfit
15 minutes to establish a 1RM Press Cluster (Push Press + Push Jerk + Split Jerk).
55-65-75-80-85-90-90-95-95#
-then-

“Donkey-Kong”
3 rounds for time of:
5 Deadlifts 315/225# - 165#
10 HSPU (Regionals Standard) - feet on bench
20 Lateral Over-the-Box Jumps 24/20″
9:46

No comments:

Post a Comment