Friday, June 29, 2012

Pork Butt

It's been sitting in a spicy concoction in the fridge for over 24 hours.... waiting, just waiting for me to cook it. Now, truth be told, I haven't had a pork butt, you know those little 1.5 pounders, in 20 years when my mom used to throw it in the crock with scalloped potatoes. The horror! But I saw a recipe for it somewhere and picked one up. Now I can't remember where I saw the recipe so I don't know what to do. Well, I have a basic idea based on some research I did but as to how it's going to turn out? Who the hell knows. I mean, it's pork, how bad can it be? I'de be lying if I wasn't a little scared. Better have a back up plan in place.

So fast forward to Friday. The pork butt came out ok. Little too salty for me even though I did not add any extra but with the cabbage I added in the last hour, and some sweet potatoes, it was a pretty easy and decent meal.


Thursday's wod sucked ass. One arm dumbbell clean and jerks, swings and sdhp's at 30 pounds. I didn't want to cheat and go with my 20 pound kettlebell so I upped it to 30 and just used the dumbbell. Taking a rest day today... Not that I've been idle and could count the shopping as sled pushes since I had 80lbs worth of children in the cart along with food, farmers carries with the grocery bags and squats. Yep phonin' it in. Besides it's 90 degrees in the garage and my back is a little sore from the cleans yesterday. Wouldn't be the best day to do heavy deadlifts and hand stand push ups. I'm trying to come to grips with the fact that my schedule is going to be altered now that my daughter is home and we tend to go to the beach whenever possible on the weekends, which we are doing tomorrow. Hopefully I can sneak a wod in tomorrow morning before we leave. 


I never thought I would hear myself say this but I scored big at Walmart today. Yes you heard correct. Now, I HATE going there but the savings on food was just too good to pass up and even though the store is beautiful, clean and well stocked, the people are not. Does that make me a snob? Probably a little bit but I doubt anyone would disagree. Anyway, my score included a 29oz tub of Nutiva Coconut Oil (which I've only seen at Amazon), gluten free pizza dough mix that didn't cost $6, a box of 5 dozen eggs and almond butter that is $3 cheaper than any store I've seen it in. Yay! (it's the little things) Oh and they had beef tongue which totally creeped the kids out, liver and ox tails. I didn't buy any of that even though I've seen some good recipes. Fear of the unknown I guess. And, I think if I were to actually try any of that, I would go grassfed from a good farm. 


Off to get some bacon and eggs in my belly, hang out with the monsters and figure out whats for dinner tonight. Thinking filet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment