Thursday, June 14, 2012

salmon for breakfast?

So what do you do with a leftover piece of salmon? Normal people would eat it but I usually end up sticking it in the freezer for later use only to find it buried under some meat 4 weeks later. I've never saved that piece in the fridge to cook for myself, until today. Eggs and oatmeal are starting to wear on me so after my wod I sauteed up my leftover salmon in coconut oil with salt and pepper, chopped some cucumbers up and mixed them with red wine vinegar (sugar free) and evoo, and served them over green leaf lettuce and added some capers. It was pretty good. Not the best salmon I've ever made, but an easy damn fine lunch. 


The wod today was pretty good. I've never done high box cleans. I'll have to do them again for Bob to see and make sure I'm doing them right. They felt good, but I'm sure there is something I'll have to tweak.

On the menu tonight, grilled new york strip steaks, broccoli rabe and maybe mashed cauliflower 'potatoes'. Never made them before but need to try something new.

Outlaw Crossfit
7X1 Clean off High Blocks (above knee) + 2 Split Jerks – heaviest possible, rest 60 sec.
45-55-55-65-65-75-75#
split jerk 2rm - 95#

-then-

10 minute AMRAP of:
7 Push Press 70% of max used above - 65#
30 Split Jumps
15 V-Ups

5 rounds + 4 pp

No comments:

Post a Comment