Wednesday, June 27, 2012

woman vs spaghetti squash round 2

OK squash you beat me last time but it won't happen again. I'm going to chop you in half and roast you with cinnamon, butter and salt and you are going to be very tasty. And next time you will become 'spaghetti' and I will eat you with homemade meatballs and sauce.

Had to get that off my chest. Food failures stick with me. I'm too much of a control freak to mess something up and not attack it again once I've licked my wounds.

Today is my last day of freedom. Once my daughter gets off the bus all hell is going to break loose and will probably not stop until August when I send them away for a few hours a day to summer camp. I'm going to try to make the most of my rest day which includes making more flax crackers, getting some more cucumbers and spinach planted and hanging out with my little guy enjoying the quiet.

Not sure about dinner tonight. Bob will be late so I may just go with leftover flank steak and eggs and make him some pasta and meatballs. Pasta has become the once a month dinner more or less and usually only in emergencies... like a late night reheat or something. Last year or so this house was all about 101 ways to cook pasta. I do miss it occasionally but not enough to actually eat it anymore.

Off to get some stuff done and let my body rest for tomorrows beating.


No comments:

Post a Comment