Friday, June 15, 2012

Lunges suck

Just stating the obvious. Why do they suck? I don't know, other than I won't be able to walk right or sit down on the potty without leaning on something for the next day or so... I'm guessing that's reason enough. I only did 93, so I shouldn't be feeling that bad but my poor legs are already tight and sore from the past few days. Today was just the sugar free icing on my gluten free cake.

No big foodie posts today. The steak, broccoli rabe and roasted bello mushrooms were great last night. This morning's post wod meal was browned beef with mushrooms, kale and two fried eggs.

Nothing special on the menu for tonight since Bob won't be home for dinner and my little man has his last baseball game followed by a pizza party. I'll probably just grill up some chicken breasts and saute some veggies real quick. Because although I would just LOVE to pig out on some pizza, I won't. Can't.  Unless they have some gluten free dough, hmmmmm.

I finally found some kombucha the other day. And of all places, Giant. Who woulda thought? A damn local grocery chain. I can't say I'm a fan of carbonated drinks, especially those that smell like vinegar and taste like champagne but oddly enough, I'm already addicted. Bought my second one today. Cranberry flavored. Maybe it's the idea of it. That's it's supposed to be good for you in so many ways. I don't know but I'm hoping it will give me the little oompf I need to get thru the rest of the day. Not that it's caffeinated like the energy drinks, but it is supposed to help boost your system. We'll see. At $3.50 a bottle it better do something.

Outlaw Crossfit
15 minutes to practice the Split Jerk or establish a 1RM.
65-75-85-90-95-100-105-110-115#

-then-

15 minutes AMRAP of:
7 Power Cleans 185/120# - 85#
30 OH Walking Lunges (steps) 45/25#
15 Wall Balls 20/14#

3 rounds + 7 pc + 3 lunges

No comments:

Post a Comment