Thursday, June 21, 2012

oh the humanity

In watching my daughter's first grade class perform The Wizard of Oz yesterday I realized two things. One, 7 year olds can be amazing when given the opportunity and two, my little baby is growing up. It was a great little show and Bob and I are very proud of our daughter. 

By the time bud and I got home it was way too hot in the garage to get a workout in so I made some chocolate banana cupcakes instead. They are ok. I have to tweak a little. The recipe calls for cocoa powder and chips but it didn't mention sweetened or unsweetened. Why would a paleo treat recipe call for sweetened chocolate and sweetened chocolate chips, don't know but I used unsweetened since that was what I had. I like them since I'm used to eating treats with little to no sugar, but the kids weren't impressed. And really, they are who I made them for. So, I think I'll add a little palm sugar and the regular chocolate chips and see how they turn out. I'm slowly trying to detox my children from their sugar addiction. It's not easy. 

Last night I actually grilled something all by myself for the first time in... ever I think. Bob was working late and I wanted bbq grilled chicken. With my instructions in hand I got the job done and the chicken breasts actually came out great. I also made some sauteed mustard greens and roasted cauliflower with garlic and ginger. 

Tonight I'm going to try my hand at spaghetti squash spaghetti and homemade turkey meatballs. Bob will be late again so I want something that should reheat nicely when he gets home.

WOD today was horrible. Backwards overhead barbell lunges AND lateral burpees? Really? Well, at least I didn't have to do thrusters with it. I probably would have cried. No, not probably, I would have, then thrown up.

Outlaw Crossfit
Back Squat: 3X5 @ 75%, 2X5 @ 80% – rest 2:00-3:00 between sets.
(off of 170#) - 3x5 @ 130#, 2x5 @ 135#

-then-
3 rounds for time of:
20 BB OH Reverse Walking Lunges 115/75# (20 total lunges) - 45# (unfamiliar with this went low)
25 Lateral Burpees
14:18

No comments:

Post a Comment