Friday, June 22, 2012

who knew..

that cutting a spaghetti squash was so damn difficult? And cutting it into thin strips, forget it. It was like cutting a walnut with a butter knife. Needless to say I squashed that idea. Sorry. Instead I went with turkey, mushroom, onion, brussel sprout sliders and browned sweet potatoes with crispy prosciutto. Turned out to be a great back up plan. Tonight will be salmon and my monthly dairy indulgence of greek yogurt garlic cucumber salad.

Hot as Hell here today. I'm not a sweater, but shit, I think I lost at least a pound in my 12 minute wod. Clean high pulls were hard at 75 pounds. I haven't done them in a long time since they really aggravate my shoulders. My hands and forearms are hurting but overall, good workout. 


Still putting the finishing touches on my menu for tomorrow nights little dinner party. So far I have beef sliders, shrimp, pineapple, cherry tomato, prosciutto, onion skewers, sweet potato wedges with spicy avocado dipping sauce and probably a big spinach salad with slivered almonds, maybe peaches and blue cheese. Not quite sure about the cheese but I want to add a little something rich to go with the light taste of the peach.

I'm on bottle 3 of kombucha and I love it. It seemed to work well after my workout yesterday when I was feeling a little sluggish and beat up from the extreme heat. I think it worked better to hydrate me than gatorade and without all the sugar. Win win.

Outlaw Crossfit
5X3 High-Hang Cleans + 1 Split Jerk – heaviest possible, rest 60 sec.
55-65-70-75-75
-then-

12 minute AMRAP of:
8 Clean High-Pulls 135/95# - 75#
12 T2B
16 HR Pushups

4 rounds

No comments:

Post a Comment