Tuesday, June 19, 2012

catch up day

Can't believe it's been 4 days since my last post. Where does the time go? Bud had his last baseball game and pizza party Friday night, Saturday... shit, I can't even remember what we did besides make another batch of pulled pork which was just ok. Needed a little more umpf in my opinion. Maybe the addition of some more spices and/or better salsa verde than Guy Fieri's would have done the trick. I went with his since it didn't have sugar or added junk and my normal Safeway version (which is very good) wasn't available.


Sunday was Father's Day which we celebrated with Bob's aunt and uncle. I made some grilled pineapple burgers, sweet potatoes and tomato cucumber salad. I also indulged in a very small slice of cheesecake. Wow. It was delicious but did not make my tummy very happy a few hours later. Oh well. Took one for the team I guess. The burgers came out ok. The avocado topping needed some tweaking and the burgers were a little bland, but nothing a few spices and a pinch more s&p can't fix. Overall though, the grilled pineapple with the burger and avocado was a very tasty combo. The avocado dip was also great with the sweet potato wedges (for future reference). hmmm may make that one as an appetizer for this weekends little dinner party we are having. 

Yesterday my daughter had her field day at school which took up most of the morning, and tomorrow is the school play of Wizard of Oz. She is so stoked about it. Can't wait to see it. From what I hear, it's quite a production for a bunch of first graders.

So, that leaves me with today to get my ass kicked, and I did. The double unders are pure torture for me and the pull ups were a joke at 6-5-4-3, BUT, I did them all strict and unassisted and after heavy clean and jerks and push presses. Arms and shoulders are a bit smoked, but feel good overall. I did manage to get 31 straight du's though. New PR for me there. Don't know how I did it, but it was all I could get before I burned out. My du's are extremely inefficient and I waste too much energy to get high numbers. I would say I need to practice but I hate them so I won't.

Impatiently waiting for my almond flour delivery today so I can make some goodies tomorrow. First on the list may be chocolate brownie bites. Second, a pizza dough so I can have pizza too god damnit!

Today may end up a fasting day, haven't eaten yet unless you count the fermented stuff on the bottom of my kombucha. We'll see how the day goes. Tonight I'm probably going with grilled bbq chicken, brussle sprouts and sauted greens if I can get my shit together and stop playing Plants vs Zombies. Nerd.

Tuesday
Outlaw Crossfit

7X1 Power Clean + Push Jerk – work up to a heavy single, rest 60 sec.
65-75-80-85-90-95-100(F)-85#
-then-
4 rounds for total working time (not including C2B) and total reps of C2B:
50 Double-Unders
10 Push Jerks @ 115/75# - 75#
*Rest 30 seconds before C2B.

ME UB C2B Pullups - 6-5-4-3
*Rest 1 minute before starting next round.

13:37 (without rest and c2b times)

Sunday
Outlaw Way - BB Gymnastics
1) 7X1 Snatch off High Blocks – heaviest possible with near perfect technique, rest as needed
45-45-55-55-55-65-65#

2) 7X1 Clean off High Blocks – heaviest possible with near perfect technique, rest as needed
65-65-75-75-85-85-90#

No comments:

Post a Comment