Monday, June 4, 2012

strike two

My daughter's school district is on strike... again. With 2 weeks left of the school year. Gah. Rumor has it they will only strike 4 days, keeping my fingers crossed. Day 1 and five minutes after I woke up, I was met with "mommy I want, mommy can you, mommy can we, I want the iPad, no I asked first!" So what did I do? Had a cup of coffee, checked Outlaw's site, got dressed and got my ass out into the garage for my daily beating so I could clear my head. It worked for 11 minutes. Afterwards I fried up some cabbage in bacon grease and made a plain omlet topped with roasted tomato salsa.

My plan was to make PaleOMG's banana bread today but got sidetracked so I just ate the extra cashews and almonds I picked up at the store. Going to make my own almond meal/flour since buying that would require hitting another store halfway across town. I mean really, how hard can it be to stick some almonds in a food processor. Same thing right?

Last night's green chicken was fantastic again. I also roasted some yellow squash and broccoli with coconut oil, salt, pepper, thyme and oregano. Then mixed up some sliced sweet potato with paprika, chili, onion and garlic powder and chucked them in the oven. Yum. No picture again. I just can't remember to take a shot when I'm starving.

Tonight I'm going for grilled flat iron steak with a spicy dry rub, roasted cauliflower and Roma tomatoes with basil.

Monday
Outlaw CrossFit
15 minutes to establish a 1RM Clean & Jerk.
45-55-65-75-80-85-90-95#
-then-
3 rounds for time of:
Run 400m
7 Clean & Jerks @ 70% (of above) - 65#

11:05
*couldn't hit 100 on the clean today. Shoulders are sore from OHS yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment