Thursday, January 24, 2013

Well, I'm sick.... again

Can't catch a break in the Chase house. One of us has been sick since the week after Thanksgiving. Yeah I know! WTF! I've been feeling 'off' the past few days and thought maybe if I didn't speak it's name out loud it would go away. Eh. So much for that theory. So today I'm going to try to drown the sickness with Kombucha, fish oil, bone broth and tea. I may have to give the lemon, grapefruit, honey, cayenne pepper cold remedy mix I saw posted on fb yesterday a try.  Couchgrass and Crampbark? You know, I think that's what killed Curly.

Made some banana bread yesterday, umm.... for the kids. This recipe does not include any added sugar of any kind. Thought that was interesting and it was still pretty damn good. Even my little guy liked it. My daughter immediately insisted on the addition of maple syrup. In an effort to de-sugarize (??) my children, again, I'll be making more homemade treats. Bob and I are trying the 'you will eat what we eat for dinner or you will not eat' method and cutting back on junky snacks. We've tried in the past but neither one of us has the patience required to stick with it. But, we keep trying. I guess that's something. Although, this time, I think I'm done. I'm so over making 3 different meals every night AND my daughter is getting a little more interested in what I'm cooking and why I don't eat frozen pretzels and grilled cheese sandwiches so I figure maybe they are at the age where they will start to try new healthier foods. Even if they look gross. Which both kids have no qualms about telling me.

Last night for dinner I de-skinned and ripped up the rest of the leftover green chicken legs from the other night and mixed it up with my thai sesame peanut sauce (see my blog post about Cold Sesame Noodles). Then threw that over some greens, shredded carrot, sliced an asian pear an avocado and topped with toasted sesame seeds, little olive oil and a splash of red wine vinegar. It was pretty damn tasty. Obviously I didn't use peanut butter in the sauce, I subbed almond butter. Not that I see peanut butter as the devil of non paleo foods, but I like the taste of the almond butter better.

My anything but a rest day has just about come to a close. Hopefully I can beat this little cold and get a house wod in tomorrow. It's been way too cold in the morning to do any barbell work in the garage. Like... 15 degrees cold so I'm sticking to body weight and kb stuff I can do in the house without damaging anything for another few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment