Monday, February 6, 2012

More whining...

So I'm actually taking an unscheduled rest day today to try to beat this cold completely. Been feeling better and I actually got some sleep last night thanks to Tylenol free NyQuil. Bob mentioned to me there was just an article on one our our local box's blogs about overtraining and not being able to get over colds quickly. So, I'm resting for at least 2 days or until I can sleep thru the night without drugs.

Day 5 of the gluten free diet and I haven't had to take Nexium and haven't had any other issues. I guess my next step will be to try something with wheat in it and see what happens. Once I determine if it in fact bothers me, I'll go to the docs and get some blood work done. I have a feeling anything with wheat in it is going to bother me at this point since I haven't had it. I never realized how shitty I always felt eating white flours/breads/grains/wheat until I stopped. They really do wreak havoc on the system. I also never realized how many products have durum and wheat in them. Even my container of cashews give a warning that it may contain wheat. WTF? I honestly don't think I have celiac's but find it rather odd that now that I've been gluten free, I'm feeling better. I'm probably stressing out over nothing but thats what I do, control freak remember? But in all honesty, I know my body and I know something isn't right and until I find out what is going on, I'm going to stress out about it.

Saturday
*breakfast - eggs w/sausage, collards, sprouts and pico. lunch - turkey, hummus, 2 slices of cheddar. snack - almonds, gluten free pretzels. dinner - greek tacos

warmup:
eh

“Rahoi”
PackComplete as many rounds as possible in 12 minutes of:
20 inch Box Jump, 12 reps
65 pound Thruster, 6 reps - 45#
6 Bar-facing burpees
Women - 45

6 rounds + 12 box jumps + 3 thrusters

Recon Ron
Step 9/9: 5-4-3-3-3

*good one.  burpees beat me up as usual, had a little trouble keeping in motion. may just be overall tiredness from lack of good sleep. 


Sunday
*breakfast - leftover grilled chicken, greek yogurt, 3 figs. snack - kind bar. dinner - turkey chili
warmup:
yes

CFSB C1/W4
Front Squat
warmup: 3x85, 100#
work: 3x110, 120, 130#
high rep back squat @90 - (20)

Recon Ron
Step 9/10: 5-4-3-3-3

No WOD
*notes - little sleep, still hacking cough. squats felt good regardless but not up for a metcon today. 

Monday
Rest Day
*brunch - eggs w/chicken, collards and pico. snack - banana. dinner - leftover chili??

No comments:

Post a Comment