Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Taking time off

Haven't posted in a few days since I've been sick, again. This time I'm being smart about it and taking the time off until this cold passes. And honestly, I haven't even thought about exercising. Usually I'll struggle with, eh, I feel ok, I can do 10 minutes. Nope. Not this time. All I can think about is where are my tissues and I need to lay down. Today is actually the first day since Saturday night that I feel like I'm not in a fog and want to sleep the day away.

Still testing the wheat tolerance. I've been adding a bite of bagel here, a regular pretzel rod there and seem to be ok with it. I haven't tried anything like a whole bowl of pasta or couscous yet. I normally don't eat bread so I'm not going to start now. I'm guessing in really small quantities, I can handle it. Funny, I was just listening to Mark Sisson's Paleo Summit broadcast and he mentioned there is no reason why humans should eat wheat. There is really no benefit whatsoever. Cutting it out hasn't really been that difficult and I've been feeling better, so I have to agree with him.... not that I didn't before.

Tea and back to the couch for me.

Sunday
Rest day
*breakfast/lunch - eggs w/chicken, salsa. dinner - turkey burgers w/guacamole, bacon, cheddar on a portabella mushroom, baked sweet potato fries. 


Monday
Rest day
*breakfast/lunch - eggs w/beef, mushrooms, green peppers, salsa. snack - macadamia nuts, pom bar. dinner - shrimp stir fry w/broccoli, onions, green peppers, mushrooms and brown rice. 2 oreos. 


Tuesday
Rest day
*breakfast/lunch - apple slices, eggs. dinner - grilled chicken of some sort w/sprouts, bacon, apples. 

No comments:

Post a Comment